Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

To be honest, almost 10 years I've been playing this game. And also I already searched some games that similar to Brigandine's Turn-Based Strategy, but none games were catching my interest.

And for HwitVlf, glad to hear and join the forum and people who still wanting this really quality game comes up rocketing again. Some people like me (haha nevermind ‎  Movingeyes ), tried hard to search the english-translated Brigandine : Grand Edition game and already tried the latest patch. But yeah, we need much more improvement for the translation, including the BGM and voice actor for the cut-scene (really love the cut-scene, although no voice... ‎  Sadani ).

So much to say but remembering the long-post I've created here, just to remind you that many Brigandine fans always support you for this project. I wanted to join up for the project but lacks of experience and skills to develop much translating and tweaking for the patch.

May the Forsena people bless you. ‎  Saint

(Bad English strikes back ‎  Sweatdrop )

(2014-03-04, 09:51 AM)HwitVlf link Wrote:Thank you for the encouragement also! The translation work I'm doing right now is rather mathematically tangled and unforgiving (aka not much fun Drool) so the encouragement is especially welcome ‎  beerchug

keep up the good work HwitVlf!!
best of luck from Indonesia!

may i know appx. when the project will be complete? :)

aaaa another brigandine fans want to give support and encouragement :D
just regist, even though i must googling for that king's field thing question for registration haha

still playing this BGE on my ps3

greetings from indonesia too :D

(2014-03-08, 02:26 PM)vindo link Wrote:keep up the good work HwitVlf!!

(2014-03-08, 04:59 PM)bijuu link Wrote:aaaa another brigandine fans want to give support and encouragement :D
just regist, even though i must googling for that king's field thing question for registration haha

Brigandine's Indonesian fans are so many :D

Gogogogo HwitVlf ! We're from Indonesia always support you :D

Thank you guys for the support! Very cool. ‎  I've noticed that there are a lot of Brigandine fans in Indonesia too. ‎  I wonder why. There doesn't seem to be many European fans. I guess that's because there wasn't a Europe release?

(2014-03-08, 02:26 PM)vindo link Wrote:may i know appx. when the project will be complete? :)
I can't make a real time estimate, but I would guess there are about 3 months straight worth of work left. That's not including translating voice acting, or dealing with problems that may show up. For example, I've run into several significant problems with the Quest text that are slowing things down a lot.

Because Quests use random item/knight names, BGE's text routine writes "dummy" characters in the sentence where the item/knight names will be inserted. That worked fine with Japanese because all letters are 12 pixels wide, so a 5 letter long "dummy" name would be the same width as any 5 letter long item/knight name. But it is incompatible with my variable width font setup since a 5 letter word can be almost any width. I have to re-write the routine to accommodate this new discovery.

There are also a couple more issues I've found that are even more serious with the Quest text. It's even possible that I won't know how to fix some issue and the project will come to a screeching halt. Hopefully not! ‎  It's normal for stuff like this to come up, but it takes time to fix.
Coffee

(2014-03-09, 03:39 PM)alteisenkira link Wrote:[quote author=vindo link=topic=684.msg10392#msg10392 date=1394285161]
keep up the good work HwitVlf!!

(2014-03-08, 04:59 PM)bijuu link Wrote:aaaa another brigandine fans want to give support and encouragement :D

Brigandine's Indonesian fans are so many :D

Gogogogo HwitVlf ! We're from Indonesia always support you :D
[/quote]

I'm come from Indonesia too. But currently working overseas in korea.
I rememmber when we used to compare our army/unit in the Playstation rental...
Ah... good day... good memory
I always love this game since I was a kid.
GO GO GO!!!! Don't give up.
^_^

(2014-03-10, 09:22 PM)HwitVlf link Wrote:Thank you guys for the support! Very cool. ‎  I've noticed that there are a lot of Brigandine fans in Indonesia too. ‎  I wonder why. There doesn't seem to be many European fans. I guess that's because there wasn't a Europe release?

[quote author=vindo link=topic=684.msg10392#msg10392 date=1394285161]
I can't make a real time estimate, but I would guess there are about 3 months straight worth of work left. That's not including translating voice acting, or dealing with problems that may show up. For example, I've run into several significant problems with the Quest text that are slowing things down a lot.

Because Quests use random item/knight names, BGE's text routine writes "dummy" characters in the sentence where the item/knight names will be inserted. That worked fine with Japanese because all letters are 12 pixels wide, so a 5 letter long "dummy" name would be the same width as any 5 letter long item/knight name. But it is incompatible with my variable width font setup since a 5 letter word can be almost any width. I have to re-write the routine to accommodate this new discovery.

There are also a couple more issues I've found that are even more serious with the Quest text. It's even possible that I won't know how to fix some issue and the project will come to a screeching halt. Hopefully not! ‎  It's normal for stuff like this to come up, but it takes time to fix.
Coffee
[/quote]

We will always support you HwitVlf, go make your way to project director of Brigandine sequel/remake ! :D

This game should be developed somehow later, considering so many Brigandine-gameplay fans want to give the ideas for the remake or the sequel.

THIS GAME SHOULD NEVER BE DEAD !

It took quite a lot of work, but I think I have worked the "kinks" out of the quest text system. Ugh!

One big issue was that the quest texts are used for both men and women Knights. That works fine in Japanese, but in English, you can't do a decent translation without using the gender-specific pronouns "he, she, his. her". I had hoped to get by with gender neutral pronouns as in "they picked up the item", but you really can't do that in conjunction with proper nouns as in "Carlota entered the cave. Their torch wouldn't illuminate the darkness".

I had to program a routine to determine the knight's gender, and then automatically insert the appropriate "he, she, his. her" in a sentence when needed. Luckily, the Knight's gender is already recorded in BGE for use with the "male" "female" labels in the knight descriptions. Anyways, I'm happy with the results!

Now I have to go through all the quests and set the line breaks up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I almost give up for register too
Trying register for 2 days and finaly figure out the answer to king's field question haha
I guess there's lots people searching for translation in google for brigandine ge and found this site but they give up register cuz is hard to know the kings fiend question even to us rpg players. Imagine noobs ‎  XD Doh

You are a rune knights in real and brigandine hero for translation this amazing game by yourself alone.
Nice see people like you still around ^^

I have plenty free time. How I wished ‎  help you if I knew japanese or hex =\

Sorry my english XD Biggrin

(2014-03-13, 09:54 AM)HwitVlf link Wrote:It took quite a lot of work, but I think I have worked the "kinks" out of the quest text system. Ugh!

One big issue was that the quest texts are used for both men and women Knights. That works fine in Japanese, but in English, you can't do a decent translation without using the gender-specific pronouns "he, she, his. her". I had hoped to get by with gender neutral pronouns as in "they picked up the item", but you really can't do that in conjunction with proper nouns as in "Carlota entered the cave. Their torch wouldn't illuminate the darkness".

I had to program a routine to determine the knight's gender, and then automatically insert the appropriate "he, she, his. her" in a sentence when needed. Luckily, the Knight's gender is already recorded in BGE for use with the "male" "female" labels in the knight descriptions. Anyways, I'm happy with the results!

Now I have to go through all the quests and set the line breaks up.