Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

HwitVlf, i completely support your effort. Thank you for your time and perseverance in willing to translate this piece of art. Really.
I've just play this game on my Samsung Galaxy Mega and it really kicks me back to the past.
Now I don't have to fight with my siblings anymore when playing this awesome game. Dazed

(2014-03-13, 12:32 PM)Sancty link Wrote:... this piece of art.
That is how I feel about Brigandine too! In the LoF translation, I think Atlus lost quite a bit of the 'art' of the original Japanese ‎  text. The story's emotional subtext was frequently "mangled" by rough phrasing that didn't really capture what was going on. I hope my translation will restore some of the artistry that was lost in Legend of Forsena.

(2014-03-13, 11:33 AM)duredure link Wrote:I almost give up for register too Trying register for 2 days and finaly figure out the answer to king's field question haha
I didn't know the new-user registration questions had been changed. I just checked the questions, and they are quite King's Field specific! This site was hacked a couple times recently (nothing to do with the forum though) and the site owner must have changed the questions to increase security. ‎  Smash2

Hello HwitVlf ‎  Smile

My name is Dinar Yunus, nice to meet you :)

I'm come to this forum in order to looking about this project.

Translating this game into an English version is very awesome. I hope you can do it.

I'm from Indonesia, and I love this game so much.

By the way, I have a video which would make you happy.

Look at this video, this is a glitch or bug from Brigandine GE.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=403521236451588

Indeed, there is a glitch where a Lizard King attack the enemy's Lilith for it's first move. Then Lilith counter it, but because Lilith has an ability to Charm enemy, so it will make Lizard King are charmed then auto move for it's second move. This glitch will happen if the "Charmed Lizard King" are attacking your units that already end. The game will freeze and will not continue to the next action and the player having to reset the game.

Sorry if my English is bad. But I hope you are understanding my words. ‎  Biggrin

I had not heard of that bug Dinar. It's weird that it doesn't happen when the charmed Lizard King attacks Janfadar.
It's not an actual freeze, but appears to be an unending loop (other game animations are still being processed).

Do you have a save game from right before the freeze happens?
Do you know if this same freeze happens in BGE without the translation patch applied?
Smile

Looks like to me the game is freezing because the charmed enemy isn't allowed to counterstrike a charmed enemy?

Weird!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Hi! I'm a huge fan (of the game and now you ‎  Smile ) I've been stalking (yep, you heard it right) this page for a while now and actually landed on this page when it was just around 15 pages. I didn't register because I didn't want to end up being disappointed once the hype dies down. But thank you for restoring my faith in humanity (a little exaggeration. I know XD ) and to translators everywhere.

I'm one of the people who are constantly frustrated by the multitude of awesome games that didn't have a north american release. So from the bottom of my rpg-tactics loving heart, I thank you ^_^

I'd offer to help with proof-reading but seeing as you majored in literature ( If I remember correctly, yeah I read through all of the 20 pages ‎  Rofl ). But a lot of heads are still better than one so if you need proof-readers I can definitely help. :D ‎  beerchug

P.S. I hope you can make it so that people can choose to either have english subtitles and japanese voice overs in contrast to having full english voice translation. I do prefer the former than the latter most of the time :D ‎  Bowl

Does the freeze happen with Ninja Masters as well since they also have the React ability?

whitelight, There really are a lot of great games that never made it to English. I hope I do right by Brigandine and finish the job. I know well the disappointment when translation teams seem to fall apart as a project drags on and the project dies.

Ha, literature isn't quite the same as grammar. And also, after spending 8 hours staring at Japanese mixed with hex code, you tend to start mashing ‎  the keyboard and hope you're hitting in the general vicinity of the desired letter. So a proofreader might be helpful at some point.

I see no reason to avoid making a subtitled video option ... except Meriott's Japanese voice is so obnoxious! Biggrin

(2014-03-16, 08:56 AM)HwitVlf link Wrote:whitelight, There really are a lot of great games that never made it to English. I hope I do right by Brigandine and finish the job. I know well the disappointment when translation teams seem to fall apart as a project drags on and the project dies.

Ha, literature isn't quite the same as grammar. And also, after spending 8 hours staring at Japanese mixed with hex code, you tend to start mashing ‎  the keyboard and hope you're hitting in the general vicinity of the desired letter. So a proofreader might be helpful at some point.

I see no reason to avoid making a subtitled video option ... except Meriott's Japanese voice is so obnoxious! Biggrin

Well, we (the entire brigandine community) trust in you :D Haha, sorry to put the pressure on but you're really the only one who made it this far. ‎  Biggrin

I can help anytime with regards to proofreading and checking grammar if you want. I don't have any solid credentials aside from being an editor-in-chief in our school before (but that was way back in high school) so I'm actually a bit of a grammar nazi Rofl But we've had English in our curriculum since grade school so I think I'm proficient enough. ‎  Wink I'm not assuming you'll choose me as I'm sure many of us would want to look at your "script" (so to speak as Brigandine should be considered a production with the number of lines it has). So sign me up for proof-reading and grammar check ‎  Smile

And yeah, Merriott's is just...XD I like her as one of my primary general's since she's one of the knights whom you can invest your time on and end up with a beefed up general. But her voice is just... 1782

For all of you, listen again.

Charmed unit are allowed to attack other charmed enemy.

Of course when Lizard King attacks Janfadar, the game is still normal.

The game will be "unending loop" if Charmed Lizard King are attacks any unit who "already end". In other words, units who had finished it's move.

For example, Phoenix attacks any unit, then that Phoenix will end it's move automatically after finished attacks it's enemy.

Well, if there a Charmed Lizard King which attacks that "ended Phoenix" the game will be unending loop like HwitVlf said.

Why? "Ended units" were not programmed to do any actions because the Developer thought if the ended units are impossible to be attacked by other unit.

But the Developer were wrong, it's possible for ended units to be attacked by other unit. Some of units has an ability to move twice, such as Lizard King, Ninja Master, units who be given a React, etc

And if these units are charmed by Lilith or Fairy first, they will have 40% chance to attack ended units for it's second move automatically. And of course, if that happen, glitch will started. ‎  Biggrin

Sorry about my grammar ^_^

(2014-03-16, 05:38 PM)Dinar Yunus link Wrote:The game will be "unending loop" if Charmed Lizard King attacks ... units who had finished it's move.
Why? ... because the Developer thought if the ended units are impossible to be attacked by other unit.
But "ended" units get attacked and counter attack all the time in Brigandine, don't they?
But I did notice that Charmed units don't usually produce EXP when they attack an ally, yet Janfadar gets EXP when he counter attacks the Lizard King. You seem to have an experience cheat on in that video. Maybe it was a side effect of the code.

whitelight, Credentials aren't required. Just having a second set of eyes is useful since I continually find new typos I've overlooked. People aren't lining up for the job. Actually, reading all the scripts can kind of dull the game since there is no mystery left. If you're sure you want to do that (ruin the mystery for yourself), let me know and I'll send you some text to check over. It's also fine if you'd rather 'keep the mystery' and pass. But, thank you for the offer either way ‎  beerchug