Darker than KF?

My personal "spiritual successor" to KF is Mirror's Edge (check it out) ... I haven't played DS yet. I think I could look past comparing it to KF easy enough, but the general idea to me sounds bad, though the atmosphere certainly can't hurt. I'm hoping it will at least amount to an interesting experiment. I think the old KF formula for all the nostalgia it holds is probably a bit dated. And at the same time none of the stuff tried with Abyss really did it for me.

I think KF could take a lot away from Mirror's Edge... personally I find it utter sacrilege that From Software' guy that compared a 3rd person game to KF.

I have a lot of trust in From' to churn out a decent game for a core franchise/line, and I don't mind experimentation. From' is the only company I know still making games that feel old fashioned (as opposed to interactive cinema) ...I know of one or two others but don't get nearly as excited for those companies' games (if by excited you mean something like atoms almost undetectably shuffling about somwhere in the furthest regions of my constitution)

Messages In This Thread
Darker than KF? - by Verdite - 2010-03-04, 03:11 PM
Re: Darker than KF? - by dmpdesign - 2010-03-04, 04:01 PM
Re: Darker than KF? - by HolyDiver - 2010-03-04, 06:29 PM
Re: Darker than KF? - by HolyDiver - 2010-04-17, 12:34 PM
Re: Darker than KF? - by dmpdesign - 2010-06-14, 01:50 AM
Re: Darker than KF? - by HolyDiver - 2010-06-14, 04:44 AM