Do we have a way to export map tile geometry?

I kinda just wanted to know what you all were putting up with. I think soon I'm going to start reverse engineering the map files, which will probably include the individual tile files, though I'll begin with the .mpx files. I'm guessing the data in the .mpx files in more or less the same as the individual files.

I'm going to be doing a real push to really improve the quality of the all the games we have so far. I feel pretty strongly at some point once the tools are available we're going to have to start coordinating some action around making the tile sets way more robust. The inside tile sets are pretty spartan, and the outdoor set really needs at least twice as many tiles before you could call it fully functional. Unfortunately there were no outdoor areas in the KF1 remake, so I think because of that the outdoor set was never properly vetted.

But yeah I was thinking the other day about some very simple stuff, like why there is no way to put the outdoor steps tiles in the middle of a 1m slope. To be honest all the ground pieces would probably benefit from twice as many polygons... the lighting on them is really more like a craggy cave wall.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Do we have a way to export map tile geometry? - by HolyDiver - 2010-11-21, 06:05 AM