Heh, music from back in the day....

I made this post on another forum. ‎  I did this stuff in high school and early college. ‎  Those of you interested in my music, while its not the most enjoyable listen, it sure is neat to see how I've grown as a musician and a producer!

This was my solo project and first attempt at extreme metal creation. The name of the project is GRIM, which is an acronym for God Rules In Metal, and was active 1997-2000. The musical focus was on death metal, black metal, with instrumental acoustic guitar and piano pieces.

After a few demo tapes which got some decent zine reviews, I had a full length CD released through Laceration Productions called Scepter of Blood. The CD did well, with Cross Rhythms Music being my biggest selling location. I retain the rights to the music, which is why they're getting posted here.

Below is the link for the said album.
For those of you lucky enough to get your hands on this back in the day, you might say,
"Well, I already have this. No sense in downloading it."

W-R-O-N-G.

Here's what's different. I gave the album a professional mastering, something it never had. The sound quality is improved DRAMATICALLY. There is also a bonus song, the last GRIM song made, called "Veil of Darkness".

Granted even after the mastering, it still has a lot of production flaws, and there are times when the music isn't the tightest. The "drums" for Scepter of Blood (which were played on a keyboard) is a whole other issue....

There is some decent tunes here. It's definitely old school, the vocals slay, and it is really an enjoyable listen. (heh, especially for me, its a part of my musical history!) The tunes have been compared to old-Kekal, Crimson Thorn, Metanoia, Horde, Antestor and Param?cium. (which ironically were most of my musical influences)

The "Veil of Darkness" song (which has me on real drums) was the fodder for the music I'm doing today. *cough* click my signature below *cough* This song was featured on a Laceration Productions Compilation called "Screams of Abaddon" (the first one) released in 2000. (Thanks to Necromanicide for getting this song to me. I really appreciate it!!!)

Without further ado.... here's the download:

[Image: m_1f2c31176321ee2c9ae452e58ead7a18.jpg]

- GRIM -
Scepter of Blood (1999) - Mastered 2010

1 ) Remorse
2 ) What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse...
3 ) Scepter of Blood
4 ) Exaltation
5 ) Writhe
6 ) Chastisement of the Putrid
7 ) From Within
8 ) Necrosis
9 ) Nocturne
10 ) Veil of Darkness (2000 BONUS TRACK)

https://www.hguols.com/GRIM_MASTERED.zip

The URL is a direct download - no external pages, just click and save as. Including:

- All songs are 320kbs MP3s and are id3tagged.
- Lyrics (and some recording information) are included for all the songs in a .txt file
- JPG of the Scepter of Blood cover.

ENJOY!!!
[Image: banner.gif]

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Downloading now...this better be good Tom! @@
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

I listened.
Although I do not know the metal music in detail,
I like "Nocturne", that is so melodious.

I saw your website.
Then, music such as Trismegistus flowed.
I came to want to play Trismegistus, again.

You make good games, write music, play the guitar, play the piano,
make artwork, and lift 125kg barbell.
I am surprised by much talent which you have.

Thank you for the compliments, Coffee!

[Image: banner.gif]

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.