Hello

Hey Ben, Got good news:).Meta LE or the lite version exports to DirectX or .X right?:) ‎  Blender IMPORTS directX......... So save what you want to animate in a seperate folder as an .X file ‎  BE SURE TO ADD ALL TEXTURES..... and then go to your blender menu, select import then directx and BAMB...... imported in blender with ease.......Hope this helps you my friend:).............

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks alot Joe, nice tree by the way! I havent made any trees yet...

Hello again.

I need advice on custom map bits. I added a house (model) to SoM. However the model turned invisble once i was out of a... I dunno 180 radius of it. It was ineffective, the same goes for a wall i put into SoM.

I noticed how the map pieces have a PRT attached to them. If i could transfer a single obj into objedit, could i then allocate it on the grid, then export it as a PRT somehow?

Also, im getting used to animation now. I'm planning on making a model that animates similar to a model i can view in Diver's Somimp. Then i will use that models CP and hopefully! We'l have an animated model with CP.

Once an object's center point is off the screen the whole object will disappear, thats just part of the clumsy engine.

You could definitely make it a map piece though, hit me up on messenger sometime and I'll help you get a map part made...or you can ask ML, hes become an expert on it by now!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

(2010-06-03, 01:17 PM)dmpdesign link Wrote: Once an object's center point is off the screen the whole object will disappear, thats just part of the clumsy engine.

You could definitely make it a map piece though, hit me up on messenger sometime and I'll help you get a map part made...or you can ask ML, hes become an expert on it by now!

The object culling has to have factors beyond just the center point because most practical objects don't have this problem. From what I'm told the collision model for objects is extremely simple so you might consider using map pieces instead if doing custom stuff. Another recommendation is to always break objects into smaller constituent parts whenever doing custom stuff. That also gives people more freedom when placing scenery/furnishings. For instance if making a large tree consider making the trunk and branches separate objects.

PS: Object collision with Som is a real nightmare. At some point I think I will have to find time to design a map editor that lets you lay down arbitrary invisible collision boxes. If Som would just let you scale a single box on all axes this would be very trivial (afaik there is no way to do this via editors atm) otherwise the boxes would have to either be baked into the map or converted to objects.

Recently i havent been well, so i got a bit of time to get down to the nitty gritty and do some SoM work, and i am pleased with the results.

I reskinned ... Four enemies. I created one main piece and one boss / variant for each.

One particular piece, took me over three hours to complete, i must have reskinned it six or seven times.

Other pieces took no time at all to complete and finish.

Today i pretty much finished off one of my basic sets, its been a tough long haul with this set, often taking me hours to finalise and fit in each piece properly with correct mhm data.

Groundal
Can't wait to see it.
Site Founder

I created another five items last night. Two of which are shields, one weapon, one armour and the other i cant really disclose at present. ‎  Biggrin

That brings the current (new) item count to 39. ‎  Smug

Created and imported three new items. One of which! Has never been seen in KF (at least, its weapon 'class.')

There will be three variants, hopefully, in the demo for this item.

Its not a ranged weapon or a futuristic one. It is a historical weapon, and is quick and does some heavy smashing damage.

I also added a few important pieces to my main map set, redone some trees, made a boundary piece.

All i need to do to finalise my most important set is to make the keep! ‎  Biggrin Oh, did i say "keep?" ‎  Cool

OH OH, is it a diskarmor like Rygar?
Site Founder