I found the second piece of the Trismegistus! (no spoilers)

If I understood you correctly, that means the orb is in the area blocked by the big pillar with a hex at the bottom of it. I'm assuming the orb is on the light side. I have not seen a plume shield anywhere. I'll check again.

When you say that there should be an icaros transporter behind the castle, do you mean a plume shield? You are still talking about the light perspective, right? The way is blocked by the big pillar with the hex at the bottom. I do not see a plume shield anywhere in the earth elemental area. Are you sure I don't need something like Upheaval III for this?

Its been about a month since I did this so I can't exactly remember how I did it, Tom can you weigh in on this?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

I'll do my best to shed some light....

The orb is only on the light perspective. Do you remember where you found the "earthen key"? You had to <b>unearth</b> it from a designated spot kind towards the back of the "castle" - in the dark perspective mind you.

That same spot in the light perspective, you can <b>unearth</b> a feather jump spot. From there you can jump and gain access an otherwise unreachable area and the orb will be there.... assuming you touched it the first time.
[Image: banner.gif]

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

I know exactly the spot you're talking about, except in the light perspective there is a big pillar blocking the way there (hex at the bottom of it). Does this mean I will need to get my hands on something like Upheaval III?

I'll make note of spell names and their descriptions.

Unearth "unearths" artifacts which can be used.

The upheaval spells up-heave from the ground up. Every time you use upheaval, something is buried and resurrect it up. You won't resurrect a pillar that's already up. No form of Upheaval will be used on that pillar.

Displace is more general, it's a "move" spell which can have as many uses as "move" has definitions. Displace I "moves" things more your character's size. Displace II "moves" things bigger than your character and Displace III "moves" extremely large objects.

Displace II will "move" that pillar out of the way, and other one's like it. (there are a handful of them even on the main map) Now.... if you don't have Displace II, but you have Displace I (and have the magic ability level to use it) you have the requirements to get that spell....

A hint to get Displace II - what do you think the deal is with that tiger and "king" statues on the main map? ^_^

Okay. I went back to figure the riddle with the two statues and the tiger. The tiger, according to the message, seems to be movable, however it doesn't when I try Displace I on it. Neither does the "evil" statue. The other statue is hexed on the light side, so it's steadfast. I need to do something first before being able to move the tiger, correct?

Right now, I have an intelligence of 11 and magic level of 32 (way beyond the minimum requirement to use Displace I).

I'll keep thinking about this, but so far it's been frustrating.

By the way, it made logical sense to me to think that I would need Upheaval III on the huge pillars with hexes at the bottom of them, knowing how the spell works. I would never think of using Displace II/III on them because of my previous experience using the spell. Very misleading.......

I solved the riddle, but I must admit it didn't make sense to me. Also, where you stand really matters (hint, but not a spoiler).

Well, I guess I have a couple questions of my own that might make a little sense of that riddle.

Did you notice the floor pattern?

Ever play any chess?

If you have a high enough intellect, that griffin (replaces the tiger in the dark realm) will say something that will make a little more sense of that puzzle.

Something along the lines of "Two more moves and you'll be pinned Jormungandr!"

It's not a chess move, but kind of chess-ish....

#_#