Demo on the way

For any lurkers or users who are following my project, ill let you know the good news... Ill be releasing a demo of what ive completed over the past few months. Rathmor has changed so much since i released my last demo, and the quality of enemies, items, and npc models has soared through the roof since then.
Im pretty sure that my next release will feature alot of interesting stuff for players to try out and enjoy. There are some tweaks needed here and there and i have someone waiting to test my demo before it goes public, hopefully anywhere between the 10th and the 18th of December.

The drawback is that there wont be a massive deal of exploration as i focused alot more on the 'infrastructure' of Rathmor more than anything, for example i created items and models that i would use later on, npcs that you will meet and know throughout the entire game, etc. So i think that after the demo release, progress will be quicker on the level making side of things.

So you could expect maybe a total of two or three maps to explore in the demo, if all goes according to plan. I want the demo to be save game compatible for the final release so i need to get everything right. ‎  Wink

Also be aware that ill only be including a maximum of 5% of the whole game which counts for enemies, items, objects and maps... Events too of course.

I hope that more folk will become interested and existing members come out of the woodwork a bit more! This is the future of KF games so it would be nice to see more support in the future. I suppose i cant blame people for being unsure about the outcome of Rathmor, and sitting on the fence, because what ive made in the past has been more of a learning process.

In order of priority, ive got about 10 days to...

Finish off the second and third level.
Finish animating npcs that you meet at the start of the game.
Fix msm and mhm for two map pieces.
Complete placing of enemies (probably alot less structured for the demo.)
Complete experience tables for starting enemies.
Redo a few textures with minor faults.
Make maps for the second and third level.

Stay tuned ‎  Rainbow

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is looking really good! Kind of makes me want to make a SoM game of my own, hehe!

oooooooh, I finally get to see some of your work in action rather then screenshots this time. It may just be a demo but I'm ready to beat up anything you throw at me. ‎  Groundal
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. Ninja

This is sweet. ‎  I have a week off at Christmas time and I am dreaming of playing through your demo instead of sugar plums and fairies or however the song goes :P
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Thanks so much for the feedback already guys its nice to know you'l enjoy my exhaustive work.

Btw please check this out to make sure you'l be alright with it:

Dash speed 5.1
Walk speed 3.2
Turn speed 34

I had dash problems with the old demo, and i think these are ok. These are basically the maximum i can use without causing graphical issues.

Alright!! ‎  This is making me excited for the break - looking forward to the new demo!

Looking at a boxing day release.
Had 'tech difficulties' of a sort which is out of my hands, with certain functions such as npc dialogue skipping forward too fast, and other basic functions that havent been working right. Holy Diver has been working on a fix, and thinks it will be ready soon.

I really wanted everything done for the 18th but it hasnt been possible. Please wait a bit longer. ‎  Rainbow