SomEx instructions thread for Rathmor demo

(2012-12-31, 07:56 AM)Holy Diver link Wrote: [quote author=dmpdesign link=topic=628.msg8399#msg8399 date=1356923879]
I am in some agreement about the healing...I am not a fan of downing 10 sea herbs to get to full health. ‎  But i also realize this a very early demo and it does showcase your customs. ‎  Holy.. the issue i experience with menu/ picking up items is SOMs inherent need to queue keypresses so since the cancwl nutton is the same as the interact button i often find picking up items a pain. ‎  Perhaps a keypress debounce could be added?

PS: The cancel button is the same as the Menu button but its not the same as the Action button; the one used to pick up items. It's a good theory that when you hit the confirm button SOM picks the item up again before its been confirmed, but it doesn't explain why the input in general is non-responsive. The likely reason for that is SOM can't decide if its doing menu or field input, as if the input system is out of sync with the state/presentation system, probably because 2 different programmers worked on them and did not compare notes.[/quote]

Correction: I was forgetting that the Action/Menu button is configurable. I'm also not 100% sure that my assertions are in line with the default configuration. They probably are, but it may be based on a configuration which I once used, but I doubt that because I never use the first few buttons for Menu/Action because they are the face buttons on the PS2 controller I use. Anyway I don't suppose that changes the prescription, but it's a technical correction.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Rathmor Demo SomEx instructions thread - by HolyDiver - 2013-01-02, 06:36 AM