This is the official Trismegistus with Ex 0.9 download thread

I just fired the KF remake up for the first time outside of som_db.exe.... either that or the movies did not work before. Anyway I was surprised the movies went so hard in the photo realistic direction considering the limitations of Som... err it's inability to hold a candle to that Razz

Anyway its performance was a lot like Dark Destiny's only a little better. For some reason Trismegistus never really makes it up to full speed. Maybe because it's so much outdoors.

The technique I used in Trismegistus to adjust the player's eye level does have a flaw. I think I prefer to do it the way it's being done versus screwing with the memory. But anyway it doesn't take into account the arm, so it's like you're moving the eye level but not the arm level. Which is ok for Trismegistus (no arms) but it's gonna take some work to figure out what to do about the arm. I plan on smoothing analog in the same way, so that's going to be a prerequisite for true analog behavior.

Edited/offtopic: The KF1 movie looks a lot better with Ex because it plays at full resolution and is filtered between texels. But you can still see plenty of compression artifacts. Especially because of the higher resolution. If From Software still has a raw file for the movies it might be possible to convince the company to release it somehow after restoring the game a bit. Funnily I can't get the movies to play except in the game itself, so I guess I can't cheat and see the ending Crying

I also noticed the candle in a dish object that you see everywhere in the game looks really good, but whenever you see this object in other games its messed up... probably worth looking into.

Messages In This Thread
Re: This is the official Trismegistus with Ex 0.9 download thread - by HolyDiver - 2011-01-17, 07:44 AM