Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

It's makes me very happy. Everyday when I turn on the computer the first site that I check is this topic and each 3/3 days HwitVlf give us update. Btw 430 replies already and thousands views. Brigandine is very popular still after decades.
HwitVlf do you think in translate another game after this?

Sorry my english

Still hanging out, the updates are awesome, can't wait for the release, thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I've been working through some alignment issues and tweaks. The "Battle of [castle name]" messages at the beginning of each battle had never shown up, but I didn't consider it important enough to look into until now. Turns out that text uses an entirely new text routine drawn of the PS1's system font. ‎  That brings BGE's number of distinct font routines to the insane number of 5. I spent a whole day rigging a new variable width routine for this text. It's still not very good because the BIOS font is designed for fixed width. Good enough I hope.

I still have a lot of text alignment to re-check and the movies.

HwitVlf do you think in translate another game after this?
Not anytime soon. I actually am more interested in making games and I'd like to spend time on that for awhile.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You are very dedicated in this translation. I'm pretty sure that ur game would be very polished.
what type game ‎  you thinking?

I would love play a good game like ‎  wizardry 6 or 7 ‎  for android. Biggrin There's only one in google play ‎  but it's horrible called oubliette.

thanks a lot for making a translation for this game.
I thought this game only get interface patch but I glad I was wrong xD

You're certainly welcome NickFreja. There was a time when I was only planning on translating the menus, but I naively thought it wouldn't be much harder to do the whole thing. I just hope it ends up as something people can enjoy. ‎ 
beerchug

duredure, what type game ‎  you thinking?
Nothing is decided as of yet. Several genres interest me such as turn based strategy, first person sandbox, or 3rd person with challenging combat. I think almost any game format can be great if its components are well designed and tastefully assembled.

A translation update: I ran into quite a few problems with the end game sequences, but they're mostly fixed now. Brigandine changes quite a few of its rules in the last battle and for the credits, so it took a lot of hacking to get it sorted out.

So, onto the movies now!

Well I can tell you I will love this when it is completed I just wish I knew what I was doing so I could help . I can't wait for the finished patch it looks great !!

Something occurred to me about the significance of the "Brangien challenges Vaynard" event. On the surface it's simply the story of the Princess challenging Vaynard and losing because Vaynard is a better fighter. But in other events Vaynard insults enemies hoping to anger them so they'll make a mistake.

During the duel, Vaynard says he will teach Brangien a lesson and a short time later insults her dead father and tells her she'll never live up to her father's name. She gets furious and charges him with a sword. Brangien is an archer in the game and Vaynard is a strong melee unit. She is defeated handily as Vaynard says "this is how you use a sword". ‎  If she had kept her cool and attacked using her bow skill, she might have won.

After the duel, Vaynard treats her respectfully and she is surprised. I think he was trying to teach her that there's more to being a successful king than fearless bravery. It takes self control, and strategy. Perhaps that was the lessen he mentioned earlier.

Yet another instance of the sub-par original translation quality, and a glimpse into the higher storytelling experience we can expect from your patch.

Maybe I'm one of the few people who can appreciate what nominally is a generic anime plot line that is just there to excuse and support the Turn-based SRPG gameplay for what it is: enjoyable.

As I mentioned before Forsena.org, which until a few months ago was the go-to fansite for Brigandine lovers has disappeared. This thread has become something of a lightning rod for fans of the game. An English patch of the enhanced edition is just the thing to catapult the game back into relevance in the anglosphere... As well as providing a sample of what we're missing out by being unable to read the original language script. As a fan of visual novels, I can succinctly appreciate everything that gets translated, and its been a very persuasive reason for me to try to, and persevere on, walk down the admittedly arduous path of learning Japanese.

Ah, and more to the point, Vaynard seemed to have been designed with an icy personality in mind from the get-go. The writers ran with it and came up with a leader who epitomized the cold, hard darwinist thinking that dominates in the harsh northlands, where the smallest measure of efficentcy and precision can mean the difference between staying barely alive and dying bitterly. Vaynard always struck me as one of, if not the most, well-thought out character, and the way he is made to personally engage almost all other country leaders really serves to contrast and flesh-out his character. He was someone who leads Norgard out of stark necessity rather than ambition. ‎  Add to this the fact that he features prominently on the cover art for the legend of foresna version, one could make the fair deduction that he is the developers' favorite character.

Vaynard is definitely one of the most fleshed out characters in the game. I'd say he was either their favorite or maybe just the one they understood the best. Lyonesse seems to be on the other side of the spectrum. It seems like she was thrown in for variety but the writers didn't really know how to develop such a ‎  gentle personality. Instead, Kiloph takes the place as the main character of Leonia.