Game mentioned as "like King's Field" - Hungry Ghosts

Finished another huge block of menu stuff yesterday. ‎  The item entries were similar to, but not the same as, the block I did a ways back. ‎  So I think this one is maybe the descriptions that show up on screen when you obtain items. ‎  Or something. ‎ 

There are still a couple more massive 'system' chunks that need to be done, like the in-game notes that describe how to play or give various tips. ‎  Then there are the remaining NPC dialogues, etc. ‎  I'm at 23% finished by the last count. ‎ 

Haven't worked on this in the last couple weeks, since things have been insane with my day job. ‎  To make up for it, and to celebrate this being my 100th post on the forum, I'll celebrate by giving everyone a little treat! ‎ 

Here are some videos of the game with the current (first pass) translations. ‎  Enjoy! ‎  Badteeth

The intro announcement (this plays before the title screen.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpc-3rW6YPM

Here is where your character crosses the River of the Dead at the very beginning of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAvulIDmn2w

And finally, here is a little gameplay teaser. ‎  Biggrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_t5eEyAHrc

Those look so good!
I swear, this game has a level of artistry that very few PS2 titles matched. It reminds me of same sort of poignant feel in Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Just great!

I am so impressed with how far this has come! Thanks so much for the effort. I'm so glad! I didn't get very far with my attempted playthrough two years ago. Amazing work!

Mord of Swoonlight wanted say thx for translation this game) i waited soo much ^^ good luck in that project)

Hey, welcome AirMage! ‎  And you're welcome! ‎  I'll try to keep posting updates here, so do check back occasionally. ‎ 

This is looking awesome so far! Great work! I really, really look forward to being able to play this in English! :D

Mord tends to pop in here every now and then so it may be awhile before he sees your message. I hope he's still going, but sadly most translation projects fizzle out. There was a project for Moon RPG (PS1) a while back that I was really looking forward to. ‎  It sounded like the project was almost done, but apparently it died.

If you read this Mord, and have been struggling to finish the project I hope you release what you've completed so far. Even a partial translation should make it far easier to play for English speakers. ‎  beerchug

Don't worry - the project is NOT dead! ‎  ‎ 

As HwitVlf said, I'm not logged in every day, so don't despair if my updates are sparse. ‎  I am indeed still working on the translation, but the pace has slowed drastically recently. ‎  I'm trying to finish my PhD by May, and that has to take priority with most of my time. ‎  On the positive side, though, I have finished a few minor text blocks. ‎  I should have a bit more time in the next couple weeks, so I'll try to give a better update soon. ‎ 

Thanks for all of your continued interest, everyone!

You get two thumbs up from the uber-cool department ‎  beerchug