kings-field.neocities.org To restore what was lost to the colorless fog

Once upon a time there was this really cool website, kings-field, a one stop for most things related with the King's Field and Shadow Tower series. The site had guides and really cool maps that help me get through some of these games.

I am in the process of recompiling the contents of kings-field with the aim of making it available for posterity. Despite that the original website has its charm, it's pretty outdated and difficult to browse with modern devices, such as phones and tablets. To be clear, my plan is not to simply republish the original content but also add content of my own to:

(1) compliment some of the old original content,
(2) improve readability,
(3) increase visual interest, and
(4) perhaps finish some of the parts that were never started or finished (such are the sections for King's Field II).

I came across an old discussion (https://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/ind...opic=807.0) in this forum and it seems some of you had an interest in restoring the site. The
member dmpdesign started archiving the site here (Thank you!), but it appears that some of the content is broken or missing. Moreover, the site still have links taking readers back to the current (plague infested) site.

I began collecting all of the content and browsing the internet of some of the broken and missing parts. So far I've been able to find most, except the 150 screenshots of creatures from Shadow Tower that were once published there. I believe that back in the day I saved these somewhere, but unfortunately haven't been able to find. I was hoping that some one here had a copy of these files. I found a post in Imgur that reuploaded some of these (https://imgur.com/a/xxuqg).

It's something I've been wanting to do for a while and finally decided to commence. I hope that I can give all the content that the original authors created a new home. ‎  Smile

Assuming you know archive.org (how much of the site did it retain?) the Shadow Tower images AIRC (as I recall) were identical to the ones in the game, in which case you can get them of a copy of the game disc without much difficulty.

Something that always bothered me about that site is the second sword on its front page logo graphic... no one could place it in a game. Where were those images of it (and the MLS) taken from? Actually now that I think of it I kind of have a vague memory of a sword like that, I think it's from Abyss. Damn funny how just writing things down stirs memory.

Edited: Speak of the devil I keep waiting for this site to go down. I hope I end up with the domain if it ever does. I hope it isn't picked up by squatters or turned into a holding page without the website, that would be a great shame. (Not literally hoping for its demise but it's very dead too as you can well see.)

I am currently removing all links to the original kings-field site and replacing them with links to either:

kings-field.neocities.org
or
the archive.org site

I don't know if you're the person that set up the neocities page, but thank you.
To any lost souls:  The original kings-field site is a malware ridden mess, do not approach.