I found the second piece of the Trismegistus! (no spoilers)

My curiosity actually paid off this time! I was able to get the second piece of the Trismegistus. How? I'll give you a hint: you need to obtain certain items that at first glance seem useless. Another hint? The second piece is around the main area that you start out in the game. You need to do something before you can obtain it.

52 solves and counting.

Naldyc5

Youve done something I havent then. I have not found this and I am intrigued. I would assume the useless items you are referring to are the broken tools/swords etc? I am still stumped as to where these would be useful though...

hmmm ill have to keep trying.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Yes, I was referring to the broken items. Have you gone to the earth elemental area yet? On the way to the area's entrance, you should have came across something floating....perhaps it's waiting for someone to put "offerings" at his stone table?

I'm stuck in the earth elemental realm. I got the key and unlocked the pedestal, but there "isn't anything useful" in the room it was blocking. Also, there is another pedestal in the same location where a spell upgrade resided, but in the opposite perspective. I can't find anything nor do I possess anything that would fit in that pedestal. My guess is that unlocking this other pedestal will allow me into the castle in the dark perspective. Have you gone through this?

Congrats on finding the 2nd Trismegistus! I'm glad you nabbed that puzzle and I hope finding the 3rd won't disappoint you!

As for being stuck in the earth realm, I managed a mild spoiler on the other post - I'll repeat it here.... wouldn't hurt anything, right?

As for being in the earth lair, and unlocking "Jord's pedestal", there <b>is</b> something of importance supposed to happen in that room. Did you happen to find a jellyfish looking "orb" anywhere? ^_^ Did you interact with it?
[Image: banner.gif]

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

I did the orb thing in earth lair, I was just about to try going up to ichrius' armor set tonight and seeing if anything worked there...i thought it would really be the only thing left i hadnt tried to interact with.

Tom, you mentioned I needed a key to do things in the water realm, i looked in my inventory and do not have it, which area does it come from?
Site Founder

I must be stupid, because I don't see anything in the room previously blocked by Jord's pedestal that would hint at the fact that something happened. Here is the order I did things:

1. I obtained Jord's key.
2. I interacted with the orb, which after a brief message, it disappeared.
3. I unlocked Jord's pedestal, which removed the light field.
4. I entered the room, searched for any clues, and I only get the message saying that there is nothing of importance in the room.

I should also mention that I cannot enter the castle in the dark perspective.

What am I missing?

I will see if I have one of those keys in my inventory somewhere...maybe I am missing that too.
Site Founder

When you say "search elsewhere", do you mean within the earth elemental area, or outside of it? In any case, I'll search thoroughly the earth elemental area again (light perspective), then if I still have not found it, I'll begin searching outside of the area.

Thanks for the tip!

Okay, either I am missing a spell upgrade, or otherwise I must be completely blind. I've looked at all the earth elemental area, as well as all of the main area and the fire elemental area, all in their light perspectives. No orb in sight. Please tell me something, is the orb behind the big pillar with the hex at the bottom in the earth elemental area (light perspective)? If so, this means I will need Upheaval III if it exists. If not, I'm thoroughly stumped.

I just hope that its not hidden inside an already-opened treasure chest, that would be plain cold-hearted. =]

If I am not mistaken, when you touch it on the side of the castle, it next appears behind it. There should be an icaros transporter behind it that will take you to where the jellyfish thing is.
Site Founder