Please help me in this frustatingly addictive game! =]

First of all, kudos for creating this game. It's one of the most addictive fun games I've played in a while.

Below is some info that may spoil certain solves in the game, for that I apologize ahead, my intention is to provide as much info as I can in order to at least receive some hints from you (the game creator or whoever reads this post).

Okay, before I ask questions, some info on how far I've progressed:

intelligence 8
magic level 23
solves 30/118 (technically it should be a few less, I'll explain below)

items in possession: eye of horus, icaros plume, magic seal, gold/copper/dream/steel/Brann's keys, alchemist's knowledge, Trismegistus (1/3), pitcher of eternity, spell of unearth, spell of displace I, broken axe/shield/shovel.

Also, I've found the fire crystal and placed it in the appropriate pedestal.

Now for my questions/beg session:

1. Platinum key: I've read previous threads, and it seems like the masks on the light side have something to do with the finding of this key. Well, I did remove the arrow from the big mask as well as from all the small masks I could find. I have a feeling that there may be a mask I have not found yet, but believe me I've looked in all the places I have access to. What am I missing, or what action I have not done (please don't be so vague)? I have a feeling that the platinum key is the only item that is keeping me stuck.

2. Number of solves: I may have found what I think is a bug, unless you tell me otherwise. In the light side, in the location where the dials are located near a sunken-in fountain, I noticed that once I cracked the sequence and a red flash screen occured and I pick up the prize, I can re-set the dials to the same correct sequence and the red flash screen occurs again, even though I had already picked up the prize the first time. This causes the number of solves to increase, since I don't believe it knows that the riddle has been already solved. Am I correct, or is this intentional?

3. "Broken" items: So far I have found no use for any of these items at all. Is there a way to repair each one so they become useful?

4. Hexes on ground: I noticed there are hexes on the ground in several locations. One of the dream sequence shows a column where a hex was, in front of a cave. Is there a spell that causes this to happen? If so, where the heck is it (again, please don't be vague)?

I'll appreciate any hints/help I can get.

Naldyc5

I will try to be tom like and not give it away completely.

#1 If you think you have found all the masks with the arrow, have you checked the original mask where it all started? Might be something there worth looking at.

If there isnt, perhaps there might be just one more hiding from you, can you count how many you have and post?

#2 Sounds like a bug to me, but Tom will have to answer for sure.

#3 Hmm i havent found a use for any of them either and I am hanging around 80 solves right now. I think they are indeed broken items and not useful...only time will tell.

#4 It is definately related to a spell. I can't recall the exact location of it, but I am assuming at this point you may be either missing the puzzle behind the gate near the "round, around round" sign or maybe the puzzle within the castle doors that have the tiles on the ground that make noise. If it not either of those...mayhaps you are haven't checked the walls closely....some are .....fake. I believe a spell lies hidden behind a fake wall.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Thank you for the quick reply. To answer your questions:

1. Counting the big one in the dark side, I found 8. Logically, I knew eventually I would return to the big one, since it was the first one where I had to remove the arrow. I did so, but nothing happens. These are the masks I found (SPOILER ALERT):

1 near the starting point
1 at the other end but inside of the tunnel (you can go through it on the dark side, it's blocked on the light side)
2 up high facing each other, where the fire crystal was located
2 in the halls near where the mound with the "round around" sign is located
1 in the castle wall near the big fountain with the branches in it
the big one on the dark side, where the first arrow was removed

If I am missing one (I have a feeling I am), can you give me a good hint as to where it is? I've looked everywhere, or at least I think I have.

2. If it's a bug, I hope it doesn't crash the game whenever it is that I solve all 118 puzzles.

3. I'll put the broken items in storage for now.

4. Okay, my suspicions were correct. I have not reached the place of the noisy tiles (if it's inside the big castle doors near the fountain with the branches, I can't open them on either the light nor the dark side). As for the puzzle near the "round, around round" sign, are you referring to the three crystals that change colors on the dark side? If not, then I have no idea. I have found fake walls in the area where the two statues of kings and the tiger are located (2 in total, on both the light and dark sides), but nowhere else. Neither of thse on either side contained a spell scroll. There is a third wall, where I get a message hinting that there might be a way to get through it, however it is not a fake wall (light side only).

Aha, inside the castle. First of all you can only get inside at this point on the light side, not the dark.

Secondly, there might just be something odd about one of those shields by the door....the damn thing just won't stay put when you turn it...or can it?

Ill go see where you are missing a mask tonight, for now i gotta head to work.
Site Founder

Hey dmpdesign, thanks for the castle tip. The last mask was inside it. I'm at 41 solves right now.

I wanted to let you know of another possible bug. In the earth elemental area, inside the castle with the wooden door, at the bottom of the stairs going down, I noticed that you can get past the pillar by walking on the left side of it, and be able to grab the staff of invoke earth. However, I could not walk past the pillar from either side in order to go back up the stairs. Luckily I saved my game before walking past the pillar so I'm okay. Is this intentional or a bug? My guess is that there has to be a way to remove the pillar, even though it says you can't do it with magic.

Now for the hint request: I also went to the fire elemental area, and using the Illuminante, I saw a puzzle where there are four crystals that need to be "lit", if you will. The four behind the statue lets you keep track of how many are "lit". Well, I got three of them, and I know where the last one is. Unfortunately, there is a huge chasm prohibiting me from reaching it. My question is, how in the world do I toggle it? Is it done remotely, or do you physically have to walk to it somehow?

Finally, on the earth elemental area with the Illuminante used, I see a key on top of a pillar. I know how to reach it except one of the pillars does not high enough when I use the Upheaval spell. I noticed that the Upheaval spell has a roman numeral, meaning there are higher (and I'm assuming more powerful) versions of the spell. If I need a higher level of this spell, can you give me a hint as to where it might be?

Thanks!

I am assuming both of those things you described are bugs..

as for the hints...

the fire realm, I will help you since I needed help here for sure.

you know the spots you use the plume to get on top of the blocks? Well, look down from one of the sets of blocks, there may be something secret behind them.

as for the earth realm, you have the right idea, another spell is needed....maybe its really nearby...but to get it you have to practice its lesser form a couple times ;)
Site Founder

Thanks, but I solved them before reading your reply! =] I got the fire staff and flipped the switch that was blocked by the light field. I'm assuming that I'm done with the fire elemental area.

The possible bug about the staff of invoke earth, the players have to be warned not to try to exploit it since they WILL get stuck and be forced to revert to their last save, or worse, start a new one.

By the way, I may have found yet another bug. When you use the plume shields in the fire elemental area in reverse order to return to the starting point (next to the chasm), you can actually walk right off the chasm from the right ledge and get stuck. I know because that is exactly what happened to me in my desperate attempts to toggle the last crystal.

I stumble upon these bugs as I continue exploring, so I apologize if this may cause frustration.

Right now I've unlocked the pedestal with the earth elemental key (forgot the name), but at first glance there seems to be nothing of value. I'm guessing that unlocking the pedestal enabled something somewhere, perhaps not inside the castle. What surprised me is that the big pillar blocking the staff at the bottom is still there. By the way, there is a big pillar with a hex at the bottom, is there a way to remove the pillar and explore the area behind it? There are similar pillars with hexes in the main starting area as well. Just curious.

52 solves and counting.

Naldyc5

Hoi! Where was I? Oh yeah. At work. ....actually, I'm still at work. Normally, I'm quick to be here myself, as I check this forum about every day....

Anyway, as for the solve count, it appears there are several was to "fudge" on the solves.... oops. I tried to prevent every way that I could, but it looks like I missed a couple. >_<

As for a freeze or something, basically, if you get all the solves, the other red flashes will null. In other words, plugging the clock for 118 solves, and playing the rest of the game, you should have no problems.

I'm a little confused on the Staff of Invoke earth bug.... could you elaborate?

Thanks for searching for bugs by the way... staring at the same commands for months, I start to overlook things and think a certain way.

HA! I didn't even think about the chasm in the fire lair. I set up a "net" so to speak that triggers in walking around the chasm - looks like taking a trip with the feather jumps works around that! Thanks for finding that! I'll post soon in that "trapped!" post that information....

For a mild spoiler....
As for being in the earth lair, and unlocking "Jord's pedestal", there is something of importance supposed to happen in that room. Did you happen to find a jellyfish looking "orb" anywhere? ^_^ Did you interact with it?
[Image: banner.gif]

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Thanks for the reply. I'll do my best to give you feedback:

1. Staff of invoke earth: Okay, you know the broken stone pillar blocking the location of this staff? There are two gaps of space, one on each side of the pillar. From the stairs looking towards the pillar, if you try squeezing through the left gap, you will get through. However, you will not be able to squeeze back out of it through the same gap from the other side. I hope this clears it up for you.

2. Unlocked Jord's pedestal: I did interact with the orb (it disappeared when I did) prior to unlocking Jord's pedestal. The message said that I could move the "orb", then a flash and it disappeared. I did not notice anything after I unlocked the pedestal, except that it removed the light barrier. Now all I get is a message saying that there is nothing of importance in the room. In the room, I see a broken light fixture on the floor, and something hanging on one of the walls. Both give the same message about nothing in the room being important. Also, the orb does not appear to be an tangible item, since I do not see it in my inventory. I'll keep exploring this earth elemental area on both the light and dark perspectives. By the way, there is another pedestal in this area. Perhaps the key is blocked by one of the walls in that room....

You have cleared up the Staff of Invoke Earth trappings! I'll have to post about that as well!

Once again, even though not intentional, I'd call that bug a happy mistake.

I couldn't help but think of some words of wisdom when it comes to the potential "fudging" to get the staff.

"That'll learn ya!" - Yosemite Sam

^_^
[Image: banner.gif]

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.