Unsorted screenshots

I like the little details you put into your mapping, like the wall vines, definitely helps to give it that realistic look. Can't wait for you to finally release your game, I've been eager to play it!

Oh, and the top 3 screenshots kinda remind me of Thief, at least in terms of lighting. Cool
~ ‎® Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Yes it has multiple floors, and multiple elevation map sets. I'm not saying anything about that statue ‎  Wink

Thanks MT, actually I am still counting on you to beta test for me, if you are still up for it? I would appreciate it. But no worries about time length, I am going to give bug testing 1 month of time before the first public release, so that other people can enjoy a well ironed out game first time through.

There isnt much potential for bugs though. I took a break from map making and setup the global events - using flasks, using bandages, counters etc, and kept it simple yet usable. I think probably 99% if not 100% of collision data is foolproof too. The only things that might arise are story based events, but fingers crossed there wont be any issues.

I've also recently set the default lighting and fog for day and night. I have 10 map spaces left, so when I finish off all the essential map assembly I might just put in a few bonus levels depending on how much time I have left.

All recovery items have been made, and sadly I had to take the shells out of the healing item range. They will be a quest item, though... So not a great loss. They just looked too fragile for a warrior to be carrying around...

Anyway just so you all know my game will have these differences :

- Varied combat, enemies throw both quick and slow attacks, and the player has a vast array of different weapons with different speeds.
- Enemies who mix up attacks, and have different 'stun' lengths
- Limited magic and special effects. I want my game to be more of a raw, combat game, where you learn to use your weapon more than rely on magic. The environments are bleak, desolate, and neglected... So it fits the setting.

I done a poll about removing magic a while ago, but the final scope keeps bumping magic off the list. We'll see. My game is in the KF framework, after all. Tinfoil

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crazy amount of work gone into my game as usual, probably averaging out at 5 to 6 hours a day.

New map sets, new objects, new enemy, new chests... Improved HUD. New BGM. 3 levels built. Retexturing.

One map set to go, then three levels to build... Then its completely over for map building. This needs to be done in 6 days to reach my deadline... I think I can do it.

Everything's looking great so far. And yeah, I'll be ready for beta testing at any time.
~ ‎® Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

All your effort is paying off. It really does look great. I like that you're adding more "organic" lines to the environment to contrast the strait edges on the buildings. ‎  Can't wait to see the final product!!! Popcorn2

29 piece set made, looks like its gonna be around 34 pieces when its done.

I told myself that I'd post when my newest map pieces hit the 400th piece. Thats since December last year............

Not one for blowing my own horn but, yeah ive been working flat out.

John its thanks to you for helping me see that straight lines can really detract from that natural immersion alot of games dont have.

I really enjoy the atmosphere you've created. These screen shots really have a strong dark and eerie feeling to them. I can only imagine how these'll look ingame.

Good eyes Smile the isolated feel is something I really wanted to express through the fog, artwork etc. The game features day and night so as you can imagine night time can be quite intimidating.

I adjusted that level last night, along with 3 old maps, and 2D image mapped out all my newest and reworked areas. I will attach a picture of what the 2D maps will turn out like.

Though, I was thinking to print a copy of a map, then trace over it in real ink, but thats yet another time consuming process...

.bmp   meera-cove-final-small.bmp (Size: 808.06 KB / Downloads: 245)

Everything just seems to be getting better and better Ben...just think you are coming up to the finish line on your project...the day when the reigning champion of incomplete games moves over to the completed section will certainly be cause for celebration!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

That map looks really neat. Makes me think- I wonder if signs which displayed a 'you are here' map with a circle (like your picture) could be worked into a storyline without seeming cheesy. That might prevent people from getting lost without taking all the surprise out of exploration.