Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

(2014-05-29, 07:19 AM)HwitVlf link Wrote:alteisenkira Ha ha, I usually call it "Meet Your Doom" instead of Meteor Doom ‎  Tongue
I think online would be great too. I believe Crucial Ap Concepts specializes in stuff like that so they should be able to pull it off.

but still, don't have any clue for playing online multiplayer. will it be as same gameplay as usual Brigandine or maybe we control one Rune Knight only ? if online gameplay will be as same as multiplayer that we played on Brigandine : Grand Edition, players must play the game until it ends from domination or time limit. maybe it's not good because people have their own activities, and makes online multiplaying goes derp :/

by the way HwitVlf, maybe for consideration, for cutscene voices you should keep it Japanese. i don;t know but i think Japanese dub give me another lesson to learn Japanese (keep in mind that i can't speak and read Japanese). just remind to give English sub that you are gonna do. :))

(my Brigandine : Grand Edition iso can't play the cutscenes so from the first time i watched the cutscenes in Indiegogo Brigandine project.. Screamed and really thankful i'm given a chance to become big fan of Brigandine *w*)

I believe the multiplayer format under consideration for BGE is one where the play can be paused and resumed at convenience. Sabaton is being developed with Unity from the ground up and the plan includes some advanced mulitplayer scenarios.

A little translation update info. I just finished the "Retreat Quotes" section and sent it to the playtesters for approval (big thanks to them by the way).

For whatever wacky reason, ‎  BGE's developers used an entirely different system for the Retreat Quotes text. Its system assembles the "text choreography" (portrait, sound, text etc) right before the text appears on screen rather than having it pre-assembled like other text sections.

Also, I found out the hard way that BGE uses two different copies of the Retreat Quote text. One is used for the Recollection section and the other is used in actual in-game battles. There were serious space limitation for both copies so I had to do some tricky stuff to get it all to fit.

If anyone's interested in PS1 translation, this might be a useful trick. It's always hard to fit English text into the space alloted to Japanese. This is one way to get some extra space. Data is stored on a CD in sectors. A sector is just a chunk of data. On a PS1, a single sector holds 0x800 bytes of game data. If a file's data ends before that 0x800 bytes are full, the remainder is wasted (filled with unused zeros). The retreat quotes text ended some 0x200 bytes into a sector meaning that I could enlarge the file to +0x600 bytes without moving any other files on the CD. That's 600 extra letters I could fit in the previously unused space!

To change the fie size you just have to edit two numbers in the CD's table of contents (the file's size written in big-endian and also little-endian). ‎  I should clarify though, that changing file size won't make the PS1 game automatically load the extra text. The PS1 actually ignores file boundaries completely so I also had to edit BGE's "load length table" to tell it load the extra text from the CD to RAM. Editing the CD's file size is merely a way to make file extracting/inserting tools handle the enlarged file properly.

Anyways, just a neat little place to fit text that I've never heard of anyone else using.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Was digging through the BGE strategy guide trying to find the Romanji versions for some of the BGE staff (no luck) and I came across this portrait of Halley that I have never seen posted before.

Probably the most elegant portrait I've seen of her character so I thought I'd share.

Registered here to say how much I'm looking forward to the translation! ‎  So excited to play GE, I check back all the time to see if you post any updates lol.

Long time no see ‎  Wink

Anyway, how about your project? Is your progress reach 80%? I really want to try it

Gaffgarion: Thank you for posting! ‎  beerchug I appreciate your support :)

Dinas: It's hard to say what %. I spent a whole day trying to get a single text box ("insert disc 2") to display English properly, and failed! I just have to take the work as I come to it and hope it goes smoothly. 80% is probably a good estimate.

What's left:
Translating and inserting "world events" (those are the story cutscenes, endgame, opening etc).
Finish editing the movie text and insert it.
Lots of little bug fixing and tweaks
Tutorial section (always forget about it)

What is done:
Menus
Creature/Enemy Descriptions
Random Quests
Unique Quests
Battle Quips
Retreat Quips

Coffee

OMG That pic of Morholt brought tears of joy to my eyes I can t wait to play and find out what it says about everything !!!! Thanks for doing this !!!!

Hi HwitVlf!
First of all I want to thank and congratulate you for doing this. I have played Brigandine before for a HUGE amount of time. What you are doing brings back a lot of memories, a lot of good memories. I registered just to let you know there's someone thankful in the Philippines for what you're doing. I'm really excited, I can't wait to play your translation. Best of luck to you mate, we are all behind you in what you're doing. Cheers! ‎  beerchug

Wow, that picture of Halley are awesome.

As the Valkyrie, she needs to show to us about her skill in battlefield by duel with someone

For example, duel with this person, then look who is the winner. ‎  Wink