Fallen By The Way Adds and Textures

I have had some odd behavior from SOM with monsters that are placed on map slots that have no ground associated with them.

The reason I bring this up is a few times before I have not put 'set zones' to box in enemies to placed map parts and when they fell the game crashed....black screen...repeating music clip etc.

I definitely tracked it down to an enemy falling, and it might even have to do with the 'unlimited' appearance checkmark when set to normal appear. ‎  Basically once an enemy fell off the map when i walked out and back into appear range the game crashes.

Anyways...the point is, if you are going to use the enemies place them over an actual map piece. ‎  I thought as you pointed out earlier John, that fixed allowed them to float, which it certainly appears to do, but it didnt fix my problem with them causing this crash. ‎  I had to put the enemies (fixed or not) onto map tiles rather than blank tiles to keep this from happening.

BTW, the sound I attached to the termite above makes a REALLY good ocean waves ambience. ‎  I scattered these little invisible bugs all around my western shore and now it sounds like you are approaching the ocean when you reach the edges of the beach. ‎  I know you had mentioned to me a while back your game would have a beach...try it out and enjoy the sounds!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Messages In This Thread
Re: Fallen By The Way Adds and Textures - by dmpdesign - 2009-12-14, 10:33 PM