'Mytrosia' and 'Fallen By The Way' News

Hello my friends..... Sorry for the long delay in progress reports.... I have been working alot and ‎  have MAJOR news to report...... My fallen by the way web link will be fixed by june 1 st......... I have made MAJOR changes but am waiting to post a demo befor I raise anymore hopes...... So here it is I won't sugar coat....... I have officialy killed the the SoM project of fallen by the way..... Now don't be sad, Fallen by the way WILL be released next year, but I have decided to make it what I wanted in the first place... A REAL GAME..... 128 bit engine, and all the stuff a NEW game should have....... My engine is Crystalspace, an exellent but hard to use engine that works seamlessly with Blender..... it is open sorce , free and you can sell your work,,,,,, please wiki it to see what I mean..... I have a C++ college student helping me write the source game code......So all is well, and FBTW WILL live and WILL be a TRUE "games for windows" title...... and will look as good as the models I have spent 7 months working on.. Will feature true motion blur , particle effects , the works..... and , as stated before works with blender and blender's animation engine.FOR REAL CUSTOM ENEMIES AND NPC'S....... also works with most high end map editors...... stay tuned to FBTW.com in june for details....... NOW, for all my friends whom have helped me over the last 7 months..... I still love SoM , and recomend to any one whom wants to make a game to make an SoM game...SoM provides game theroy, event theroy, and of couse model making skills...... A must for any new devolper..... So for my fans and just to say I did it, I WILL be releasing a working SOM title called 'Mytrosia" ‎  ‎  I have 4 maps ready made for it and will demo it soon....... Mytrosia is the prequel to fallen by the way....... Mytrosia is Madison's Home land..... it this game will document all the events that lead up to fallen by the way.......... I realized that my hopes for fallen by the way were IMPOSSIBLE for the weak and sad SoM engine.... and spending months trying to "RIG" som to do what other engines do standard was stupid and too time consuming...... Mytrosia will be a standard Som game with only a CGi opening and ending...... the video limitations of som SUCK..... Mytrosia is Island based and takes place on 8 islands...... 22 maps will be all there is to it....... I will also be using the standard som map set with all the ones I made for FBTW, that way I can get this game done, instead of making map parts for days at a time......... It will have many many customs that were made for both FBTW and DD.... (thanks Todd).... While it won't be the glorious vision I had of FBTW, it will be a solid som Based game with good plot.......... if anyones interested in knowing the story..Just ask ........ I will be hosting it here and on my own web site ,and ‎  will be freeware, and will release all my parts open source, upon it's release........... I am making it for the challenge and, for the fact I did not spend ‎  7 months F*%King with SoM to not make a game for it, I am just being realistic...... Som is so out of date that it hard to make a powerful game with it........ But I think Mytrosia will be as good as DoM and maybe even DD......... I thank all my friends on here , and promise to help anyone whom need SoM advice....... Stay tuned for further updates on both my Madison lastrega presents titles:).............. Love you all .........ML

Messages In This Thread
'Mytrosia' and 'Fallen By The Way' News - by Madison Lastrega - 2010-05-11, 04:50 PM
temp - by Madison Lastrega - 2010-07-16, 04:56 PM