Happy Turkey Day 2010s

You probably don't need any money to get a VM solution up and running. If for instance your Vista 64 is not Home edition you can do the XP Mode thing. Dunno why MS is so stingy about that. Of course if you had some computers to play with setting up a machine with some Bittorrented images would not be a prob... or even with Linux you can probably VM Windows, and you might look into that free VM I think I encouraged someone else to try... VirtualBox or something.

I think eventually I'm going to fix the editors for Vista like I have for the game runtimes. I really don't know what the real prob could be there. But I have a feeling it would sort itself out pretty quickly if I started working on it. One thing I've been thinking about lately is an Ex console that launches along with the game (provided its enabled) and anyway I have a feeling once that is setup I'll run all of the Ex instances that share a common library file thru the same console... and I was thinking it would be nice to have all the editors linked into the same console and even connect them up over the internet eventually so a group of people could see the output to the console and chat across the console. Anyway... that will probably lead to some experiments with some of the editors.

I know if you disable or force on mipmapping things get a lot better, but not good enough to work out all of Vista's probs. I'm pretty sure all the probs would go away under XP with mipmapping overrided.

Anyway, try this (https://www.virtualbox.org/) before coming up with anymore excuses Evil

Messages In This Thread
Happy Turkey Day 2010s - by dmpdesign - 2010-11-26, 03:08 AM
Re: Happy Turkey Day 2010s - by HolyDiver - 2010-11-27, 02:14 AM
Re: Happy Turkey Day 2010s - by AsusX2 - 2010-11-30, 10:10 PM
Re: Happy Turkey Day 2010s - by HolyDiver - 2010-11-30, 10:26 PM
Re: Happy Turkey Day 2010s - by HolyDiver - 2010-12-02, 02:54 AM