Any hints as to how to get the drain staff?

I know this board has been pretty slow in recent times, but that won't stop me from trying. By the way, if you happen to read this, Tom, I just wanted to say that you did an excellent job on both this and Diadem of Maunstraut.

I have a couple of questions. I seem to be stuck at 80 solves, 15 intellect and 47 magic level. I have the second Trismegistus piece, the Hermes Chalice, the Alchemist Bracelet, and 37 spirits captured (if that leads to anything significant). I also have the staves of Earth, Flames, and Wind, and now I am looking for the Drain one, but I can't seem to find it. I have Displace III and have used it on the appropriate nearby pillar, but I need the drain staff to drain the lava, and I don't seem to be fast enough to beat the timed gate. So I was wondering where that thing was, since I've never seen any other staff besides the ones I have. I'm pretty sure I've looked almost everywhere, too, and I can't seem to think of anything that I might have missed.

I have also spoken to the worm-like creature in the fire realm and the mimic chest in the wind realm to get their magic upgrades, and I was wondering if the earth and water realms had creatures like that, too? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Any hints as to how to get the drain staff? - by Luthius - 2010-12-26, 04:12 PM