This is the official Trismegistus with Ex 0.9 download thread

Wow... this is really bizarre. Today Dark Destiny is playing pretty damn fast for me and not slowing down at all while moving!?

The polls per frame number is also extremely high, the keyboard is getting checked 31 times per frame at 60fps??? It's pretty much playing like it always does... it gets slow in the bad parts as usual, but that's to be expected.

I'm pretty positive I did not change a damn thing programming wise. The only things that have changed is I disabled DirectSound hardware acceleration and I just ran a program that fixes my mouse when its advanced features are not working. I doubt the mouse could explain it because I do that all the time, though I'm kinda new to this computer. The only other explanation is just a random Som bug running amok that doesn't always kick in.

So hopefully there was just something peculiar to my computer causing the pathological slowdown. 31 ppf sounds really weird. But it may be Som just polls the inputs as much as it can for some reason or something. It's methodology in that dept does not seem very sound. Like I'm pretty sure checking the mouse that many times won't return any new data because mouse data is relative and its resolution is not that high. I know anyway the system I've setup to cope with Som's oddball input polling can't likely help at that rate. I guess I'll have to up the maximum Confused

Messages In This Thread
Re: This is the official Trismegistus with Ex 0.9 download thread - by HolyDiver - 2011-01-18, 01:50 PM