Has anyone tried to get PS1 modles using 3DRipperDX?

Hi there! Sorry for necrophreading, but it so happens I too have a question on the topic:

I'm trying to extract models from psygnosis's G police, colony wars and blast radius titles. However, our tries with colony wars ended up with a few problems:

Ripping the game with PSX Multirip and TMD Rip gives you two TMD files, but both files are corrupt. I can't open them with MilkShape 3D 1.8.2. TIF files are no problem, but they're just textures.

Now I remember searching for a way to rip the 3D "on screen". There are programs that can do that. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the PS1 because it renders 3D "on a flat screen", meaning you'll get all 3D "points" data on a flat surface.

This is where I left my research. The game uses either a custom format, or it encrypt its TMD file :
- One file is 12,6 Kb, while the other is only 152 bytes. Maybe the first is a compilation of every ship model in one single file ? (models without textures don't weight heavily... but again, that's just a guess.)"

might anyone have any suggestions?

best regards.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Has anyone tried to get PS1 modles using 3DRipperDX? - by starlord - 2011-11-05, 09:32 AM