Interesting idea for an actual shield

A while ago i posted about support magic... The wolf gave me good info...

(2011-10-14, 11:41 PM)HwitVlf link Wrote:This is one of SoM's more disappointing problems. You can get the duration to save by selecting an attack spell and setting its stats, saving and then switching back to a support spell model. But, Todd noticed that the screen effects for support spells last the correct amount of time, but the actual stat boosts, fizzle out early. They only last about 1/10 the duration of the screen effects. ‎  You can still set up curative support spells, but anything with a 'duration' doesn't work well ‎ 

This got me thinking. What about having an actual shield model that appears instead of a normal support magic graphic. You could set it to 3 seconds, and be able to have the defence increases, meaning if you were hit the damage would be lessened. You could still attack, but raising your shield would mean high mp consumption and a slow regen rate for balancing. I'm not sure how this would work with 2 handers... But its a perfect for spears and one handers.

If the player picked up a shield, then the player would learn magic. Or, the player would start with a round shield and have it strengthen over time.

Messages In This Thread
Interesting idea for an actual shield - by Verdite - 2011-11-17, 02:05 PM