So close ...

So I've been playing through Dark Souls lately, and I'm finally at the end - the battle against the game's final boss. (Will probably kill him tonight.)

And I've got to say, I love this game! I really liked Demon's Souls, but even so, Dark Souls is so much better! And there are many things that are so similar to the KF series in this game, it's almost like playing a third person KF game. First and foremost how the different areas intersect with each other really reminds me of the island of Melenat. And you've got Sen's Fortress, with all its traps and a secret/hidden prison area. The NPCs all felt more like the NPCs in the KF games, especially with them actually moving about now and then.

Then, of course, they added a white dragon called Seath. From whom you can get the Moonlight Sword. It almost feels as if From Software's screaming, "we want to make another KF game!" Hehe!

I also got a real KF4 nostalgia kick out of the music playing during the final battle - personally, I believe they must've done that on purpose - like a homage.

In so many ways, this game is so close to the KF series. Oh, how I hope they make a new KF game!

Messages In This Thread
So close ... - by Guyra - 2012-11-22, 06:27 PM
Re: So close ... - by Verdite - 2012-11-25, 03:55 PM
Re: So close ... - by Guyra - 2012-12-01, 10:48 PM
Re: So close ... - by dmpdesign - 2012-12-03, 03:15 PM
Re: So close ... - by Verdite - 2012-12-03, 06:38 PM
Re: So close ... - by Guyra - 2012-12-04, 01:18 AM