SomEx instructions thread for Rathmor demo

EDITED: Verdite neglected to explain that you can change the analog mode by pressing the Esc key. There are probably other things like this to know (that should be explained in a game manual) but this is a fairly important point for the demo. See Reply #7 for more info.

I must be off for holiday business, but I did not see anything in the OP per some matters that we require feedback on.

Namely Verdite reports that the Take item? and popup Save Game menus effectively ignore controller/keyboard input. This is a bug in SOM that Ex does its best to mitigate, I do not personally experience this trouble thanks to Ex. If you play the demo please report whether or not these menus are able to work for you. If not you will get stuck. The game isn't freezing. But it seems that if you click on another window then click back you can get unstuck.

Obviously this is unacceptable, and since at least one person is not able to play SOM games due to this, finding a new way to deal with this bug is agenda #1 from now on.

Again, we could use a census of who is having this problem _and not_ and saving from inside the Main Menu does not count. Edited: There is now a poll here (\<span> site blocked, contact your administrator/bbs2/index.php?topic=119.0)

Also please don't try to make the game play in non-window (fullscreen mode) by editing the Ex.ini file. There are Ex bugs (that will be fixed shortly) that you will run into. You will need a fairly beefy computer to run the demo at a constant clip... or as close to SOM ever gets to that. My computer is still choppy at the lowest resolution, so probably a very high end CPU will make a big difference. Verdite reports no troubles at 1600x900. After making SOM presentable next gen SOM/Ex goals are to make SOM fly on low-end hardware (by stripping as many cosmetic duties away from som_rt.exe as possible)

EDITED: Also I recommend sharing this (\<span> site blocked, contact your administrator/holy/Rath%20Crags.htm) link. No guarantees that the .zip link will be around forever but links on the internet have a way of being just that!

Messages In This Thread
SomEx instructions thread for Rathmor demo - by HolyDiver - 2012-12-24, 08:02 PM