So..... 2 years since this forum saw some life....

(2013-05-13, 02:26 PM)MrEmeralddragon link Wrote:Well I had held off PMing Holy Diver and opted to hold out for hguols but he doesnt seem to be coming back any time soon. I guess its time to call on the holy one. Just hate using the PM system here cos not being a Kings field fan I dont know the answers to the security questions and I need to google each one. Oh well.

Wait, how do these security questions work? While technically I do have the project files. I am really not familiar with the game. Even the parts I've played through I can't remember well. I happened to explain this when I happened to reply to this thread, but the reply was accidentally deleted by a mod, and I didn't feel like it needed repeating.

Quote:"That game is like a Hellraiser puzzle box. If its not your life's obsession to crack it open to see if it summons demons from hell or not, then you're probably wasting your time. I've spent some time restoring it to make it really pretty and accessible, but I've never looked at the events not wanting to spoil it. Haven't gotten very far into it either.

Anyway, my advice is it feels like a game that is meant to be played slowly like a little bit at a time. Wait until an idea pops into your head, and then go see if it gets you unstuck. Could take decades to finish if you don't cheat yourself. That said, it needs more polish. Like so many SOM games (of which there are only a few) the game is like an unfinished house and not maintained by the author. That said its super creative. So I can't not recommend it. I'd wait for 2.0 though myself."

I think a lets play review that stopped before the end would not be so bad. It would leave some mystery.

I chose to work with Trismegistus just because its probably the best looking game made with SOM so far. Even if its more like Echo Night. But really just because I needed something to work with. And it was kind of fun to mess around with. Its extensive use of lighting was invaluable at the time.

I remember a thread around here that walked through the last stages of the game. If you are at the parts where you can die due to some kind of combat, I think that's like the boss of the game or something. The event structure of a game is just near impossible to unravel if you have not played through the game.

Besides Tom (the author) will pop in here eventually and be able to give you directions almost surely. I am surprised anyone plays these games. They can be made to play without glitches and professional presentation now, but no one takes advantage of that. People are the darnedest things.

EDITED: For the record I certainly didn't remake Trismegistus. I started to remaster it, like I intend to do for all of the half decent games in time if the authors can't do it for themselves. I did want to do something like a remake, more like a remix, of Diadem of Maunstraut. I won't write that off, but I only mention it to say that maybe that is where any confusion comes from. Also I could probably throw together a remastered Trismegistus in short order. I really wanted a replacement for the leafy tree though. It brings the game down visually. I've replaced the grass with a superior version of the same billboard model.

Messages In This Thread
Re: So..... 2 years since this forum saw some life.... - by HolyDiver - 2013-05-13, 06:28 PM