Leveling Up

I agree with Holy Diver on this, leveling up issue. ‎  I have been keeping up also with topic "som ‎  damage calculator"
Very closely. Cause I have to implement all this data later down the road as a progress with SQS Ultra. ‎ 

Very interesting debate indeed. For me I have implemented this formula..... ‎  ‎  As you all know my game will be in 4 sub parts. ‎  I strongly agree with John that leveling up and than destroying weaker enemies makes the game seem unrealistic... So in SQS all four parts are progress based , rather than level based... Of course HP levels and strength levels will be in place.... But as john said , in my game there will be items that give powers (just like in the Atari classic)...

So let's try to make this make sense. For chapter one the game is 12 zodiac chambers. ‎  Each chamber will have a fixed amount of enemies, and a few mini missions that give a set amount of exp... Once you battle through the chamber and defeat the mini boss, ‎  two portals will appear. One will take you to the next zodiac chamber, and the other will take you back to central corridor. From there you can reenter chambers you have already been to, to unlock things that need other items from other chambers........ However once an enemy is dead its dead for good.... There will be NO respawning enemies... So as you progress you won't run in to weak enemies. However again it set the skill factor higher.....

And as stated with my plot post.. Chapter one will have a max level to 25.... Chapter two starts at level 25 to 50, chapter 3 , Level 50 to 75 and chapter 4 , level 75 to 99... Giving the game , I hope a balanced feel overall, with items and quest keeping the action paced at a good progression. ‎  ‎  What do you think? ‎  ‎  I welcome any and all suggestions.. ‎  ‎  ‎  That is how I plan to give a balanced feel to my title(s)... ‎  Thanks for reading...........ML ‎ 

Messages In This Thread
Leveling Up - by HwitVlf - 2013-07-06, 09:45 PM
Re: Leveling Up - by HolyDiver - 2013-07-07, 08:58 AM
Re: Leveling Up - by Madison Lastrega - 2013-07-07, 05:08 PM
Re: Leveling Up - by HwitVlf - 2013-07-10, 08:47 AM
Re: Leveling Up - by Madison Lastrega - 2013-07-10, 02:29 PM
Re: Leveling Up - by Verdite - 2013-07-10, 06:37 PM
Re: Leveling Up - by HwitVlf - 2013-07-10, 08:10 PM