Kilroyfx found, alive and well!

Well my game is going to be called king's field, whether or not its legal. ‎  If From doesnt like it they need only tell me and I can change it, but for now, it is what it is.

Im making no money from the game, so if they want to try to prosecute me then whatever, go for it and take the 5 dollars i have to my name.

Im not on the agetec or from boards, so I dont really feel too bad about saying it here. ‎  If they didnt want a kings field game made from a 'kings field making tool' then they were stupid to release it.

I figure best case scenario they would at least see that people still love their game, worst case scenario I remove DD from its download links until I change the title and repost it. ‎  I have had it up on here for a year now calling it kings field and havent heard a word. ‎  I have even attempted contact directly to from software and agetec and neither have responded...so hell with them. ‎ 

Im not condoning anyone following in my footsteps, but im certainly not going to give anyone a hard time about it either. ‎  We are all here making a game with a 10 year old foreign piece of software because the companies who made it originally either dont have the effort or the skill to make new versions themselves. ‎  I cant help it today's games bore me to death or never get released in the states. ‎  If from made a KF game I would be the first person to buy it, i bought demons souls on import praying for it to be like KF, it wasnt, so after I beat it, it went up on ebay to wait again for the next dissappointment.

SOM is a learning step for me, I may make another game with it, but probably not. ‎  I want to move on to making better stuff with better tools, on systems that are state of the art and something i can make money with. ‎  I figure with it I will do the best I can to make a game I enjoy, if DD gets shit canned by From after I release then its fine, at least I got to build a game the way i wanted it for a change.

I am really looking forward to working with the xbox game making tools...hopefully by this time next year I will have something for you all to see that you can actually download for a real system and not have to worry about all the bugs and hardware support for using the SOM tool hehe.

OK, well I spent enough time blabbing about nearly nothing ( I cant even remember why i started this post?).
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Messages In This Thread
Kilroyfx found, alive and well! - by dmpdesign - 2009-09-15, 03:00 AM
Re: Kilroyfx found, alive and well! - by Hguols - 2009-09-15, 09:42 PM
Re: Kilroyfx found, alive and well! - by kilroyfx - 2009-09-24, 07:14 PM
Re: Kilroyfx found, alive and well! - by kilroyfx - 2009-09-24, 07:35 PM
Re: Kilroyfx found, alive and well! - by kilroyfx - 2009-09-24, 07:58 PM
Re: Kilroyfx found, alive and well! - by kilroyfx - 2009-09-24, 08:41 PM
Re: Kilroyfx found, alive and well! - by dmpdesign - 2009-09-24, 09:37 PM
Re: Kilroyfx found, alive and well! - by Hguols - 2009-09-24, 09:43 PM
Re: Kilroyfx found, alive and well! - by kilroyfx - 2009-09-24, 09:58 PM