Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

Hey, I've been following the development, and I am really curious how much is there left to do. I really support your work and I'd like to ask if you have thought or tried to put the original music in the this translation/mod. I asked about it a long time ago and now I see you are closing in on the finishing of this project so what do you think?

I recently joined this thread. Looks like great work that you're doing! Any ETA when any form of patch is going to be released? I can help testing as well!

Thank you!

Albert

Chazchu, I looked into swapping music a little. The music in LoF was in regular CD format (PCM) which takes up a lot of room, but in GE, they use a much smaller music format (SEQ) that is similar to MIDI. I assume they did that to make room for the extra videos and voicing. Unfortunately, you can't really turn the LoF music into GE format without a lot of work in areas that I'm not knowledgeable about.

To answer both your and Albert's question about ETA, I'm not very good at knowing how long something will take. I'm near the end of translating Leonia's events, and then I have Norgard's events, opening stories, endgame, tutorial and movies left to finish. Also, a lot of polishing and potential bug fixing. All I can do is take it one step at a time and hope it finishes quickly ‎  Coffee

Thank you for speaking up Albert :) and you're welcome. I will most likely take you up on the testing help offer when the time comes.

Finished translating the Leonia Event script. I must reluctantly admit that the Leonian events were probably my least favorite so far. That's not to say they were bad, but they just didn't seem to have as much personality in the stories as other countries. Kiloph often comes off as just plain obnoxious or mean. And Lyonesse, who is supposed to so gentle and sweet, isn't really given an event to show off those qualities. She's closer to silent and blank. Maybe in Japan a silent woman is a good woman? (ha ha) Sweatdrop ‎ 

Just my opinion mind you ‎  Rainbow

(2014-10-16, 06:16 PM)HwitVlf link Wrote:Dinas, ‎  Forsena.org has been down for about a month now. I hoped it would come back, but it looks like Dryst has put the domain up for sale so it's probably dead for good. The sad end of an era. If anyone wants to check out the Web Archive version, it can be found here.

thanks a lot for this one, i'm not familiar with some of the knights in Brigandine..

this translation would make a great Christmas gift.. ^_^

i really hope the undubbed version would be released by the end of this year..
----------------------------------------------
When the cat's away, the mice will play.

Fingers crossed! ‎  Smile

Thanks for keeping us up to date. As a person who can't really understand what's going on in the Grand Edition, Leonia feels a lot like a pretty stereotypical anime story. It has a very like Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, and One Piece, at least to me.

From the updates I hear from you, it makes me feel like getting this translated version will really completely change how I look at these characters.

Hello i have just downloading the iso for BGE and am having alot of trouble with it skipping around and also wondering if any of the English patches work if anyone can give me some tips on how to fix these issues i would greatly appreicate it

Can you describe what you mean by skipping around? Brigandine Legend of Forsena has an issue in some emulators that makes it act weird at the new game menu, but I've never heard of an issue with BGE.

There's a partial-menu translation patch that is available on the net which should work better than nothing. You should be able to find it with a web-search.

Finished inserting and polishing the Leonia events. Also, thanks to the efforts of some volunteer voice actors, a few of the videos have begun to get remixed. On to Norgard...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)