Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

Just want to say this is some of the best things to stumble upon before the new year.
Me and 5 of my friends are currently playing a 6 player campaign of this and all we have is a menu updated to English. We are all big fans of the game and still play LoF sometimes just so we can understand what is going on. Props to you for undertaking this task.

Thanks Harablo ‎  Smile

Finally posted some patches here.. The movie voicing version is still in progress and should be along shortly. It takes a bit longer to get audio properly balanced and synced.

Thank you HwitVlf You made me forget my ps3!!
Playing atm with Leonia at normal dificult.
After I go to caerleon in hard mode.

Happy new year to you!

I don't see a link to the patch when I hit the here link it is saying its deleted ?

I removed it momentarily in order to fix some bugs I found and I'm also trying to see about honoring some of the "purist" requests here. An improved version should be back up in a bit ‎  Smile

Ok Thanks I thought I missed my chance .

I almost never register on pretty much any site. But I feel as though I needed to make an exception here. Brigandine was easily one of my absolute favorite strategy games back in the day, and I basically grew up with it as a constant fixture in my PS1. I have probably invested over a thousand hours into it since it released (I bought it a few days after release), and I still fire it up on my Nvidia Shield (ePSXe is just as wonderful on android as it is for PC) as often as I can. Always wanted to get into GE for as long as I could remember, and so what you are doing here to make that possible I can hardly express in words how much I support, and value your time and effort in bringing this game to life for the English crowd. I will be here every single day looking for updates and fully supporting your fantastic work in any way I possibly can.

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but the problems you seemed to have encountered are consistent with either sloppy edits or address overflow. The former is easily remedied, the latter, well...

On the side, I've been busying myself by playing through the original King's Field trilogy, and I was pleasantly surprised by the enjoyability of the games. I was fortunate enough to be able to play them 1-3 in order, so that the nostalgia factor that comes with revisiting the setting of the first game in the third was not lost on me. Something else to thank fanslators for. Now, time to descend into the Shadow Tower.

Edit: I don't know how I managed to overlook this fact so far but... it seems I have you to thank not only for this Brigandine GE translation, but also the King's Field translation I played and the King's Field 3 Pilot translation I'm about to play. So tell us, what's it like to be a god among men?

You're pretty much correct. There was an issue with my text "compression" routine that prevents text read/write addresses from being loaded into the CPU properly under some circumstances. The result is that the read/write location was set randomly (withing the limits of the current area) based on whatever value happened to be in the register previously. The problem is more pronounced on MIPS CPUs because their architecture handles the problemed ops a differently than x86 CPUs. It went unnoticed for so long because I was testing all the text in the Recollection section which uses a simplified text routine that doesn't exhibit the fault.

I'm pretty sure it's fixed now. Also, as per request, I'm reverting a bunch of the changes people had issue with. I might still make an optional reballance mod to make the game more challenging for pros.

Translating is really not that hard. It just takes perseverance. So many people have started projects but they fizzle out because of the time demands involved. It takes iron-man constitution to finish a full sized RPG game. Brigandine is probably the largest single fan translation ever made in terms of text size and complexity.This project represents about 5 years of my free time - two of those years nearly 100% of my free time. Not many people will give up that much of their life without pay, just to create a piece of art they hope to be proud of.

Do you consider the translating part or the hacking part to be harder? From my perspective, you seem to have both facets down pretty handily.