Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

Hi Guys,

So..... I am 800% excited to see that your still moving forward with the translation and I would like to speak with you a bit (Phone or Skype) on how I can be of assistance. I have some ideas and maybe, just maybe, I could help.

I am the Owner of Crucial App Concepts, Inc. and my team develops mobile apps. ‎  It really is encouraging to see everyone's support for this game and it truly is worldwide. I've been following Brig forums for quite some time looking. About 15 years back I told myself that I was going to be a part of making the next generation of Brigandine. A Brig 2 so to say.

There are a few people/groups out there talking about doing it and several projects I found that seem to have begun but stuttered off into nothingness due to the costs or other engagements.

So, 15 years later, I have finally gotten to the point where I can do so. I will be setting up a website in the next couple weeks, along with Facebook Fanpage, Twitter, and will begin keeping constant updates on our progress.

I would appreciate your guys support in this as well. I will be launching a small Kickstarter to assist in the funding of this project but in the mean time we began the story, classes, creatures, and flow this week. We should begin working on the artwork in the next week or two to try and keep things in parallel and moving forward.

My goal is to keep to the basics but expand on some ideas as well. We will also be focusing on releasing content every two months or so to the app store to keep this game moving, bug free, and exciting.

I know the value of a good game and what these old school type games meant. Nothing beats the feeling of figuring out for yourself the secrets of a game. Games today don't do this much. It's disappointing.

I encourage everyone's feedback and really hope that I am able to capture what Brigandine is/was. But just in case I don't meet everyone's expectations, we will still have the translated BGE. lol ‎  Rofl

Feel free to email me with questions or suggestions until I get the website forums up and running.

[email protected]

That is really cool news, I for one would be greatly interested in monitoring your progress on such a project :)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Wow . This is awesome . Never thought brigandine fans are still this active nowadays . I am so excited anyhow to see where this project is going .

For those having problems with LoF only letting you to choose Iscalio in the emulators, here's the solution.

1. Download and install power iso/daemon tools
2. Mount your LoF iso
3. On the emulator, instead of run from iso choose cd-rom and choose the virtual one where LoF is mounted.
4. Enjoy

I have discovered that solution myself and it should work and remove the weird loop at the beggining. As for the psp I have no idea as I don't own one. You can try similar solutions though if possible.

goodluck with this project though . I am so excited and will always be intouch. :)

(2014-01-16, 11:39 PM)supermania23 link Wrote:For those having problems with LoF only letting you to choose Iscalio in the emulators, here's the solution.

1. Download and install power iso/daemon tools
2. Mount your LoF iso
3. On the emulator, instead of run from iso choose cd-rom and choose the virtual one where LoF is mounted.
4. Enjoy

I have discovered that solution myself and it should work and remove the weird loop at the beggining. As for the psp I have no idea as I don't own one. You can try similar solutions though if possible.

You are a genius, dude. Thank you very much.

(2014-01-17, 10:47 PM)Dinadan link Wrote:You are a genius, dude. Thank you very much.

Glad I could help. I used to play the game using the original cd in the emulator however it is already full of scratch and sometimes the game just stops midway so I decided to DL the iso and also experienced the intro loop. I have tried many ways to get around it. One was to use a specific emulator (forgot the name, it has a yellow icon though i think) and it works but I personally didn't like that emulator. In the end I tried treating the iso a normal cd by mounting it virtually since playing it through the real one worked.

Anyhow that's how I got it to work. Sorry for the long story and bad english though. ‎  Dazed Badteeth

(2014-01-02, 07:25 PM)Prevch link Wrote:Hey Hw, Just anted to check in and see how it's going?How was your Christmas?
I had a very nice Christmas, thank you for asking. But my extended family had some health problems shortly after, which caused an unplanned out of town trip. I've been back for awhile, but I'm still playing catchup with life business.

iDrake, that sounds really great and I hope your project progresses well. Please keep us updated! I'll send my phone # in a PM shortly.

supermania23, thanks for that 'loop fix'! I'll try it next time I use LoF. That fix suggests that the problem may be something like an illegal command to the CD drive; I would guess the Daemon virtual drive ignores the command whereas the PS1 emulated drives try to enact it. In an emulator, the console reports an "set loc out of range" error around when the loop begins. I'll bet all it would take is fixing a single op code in the ISO to get LoF working on all emulators including the PSP.

On the BGE translation, I am still polishing up the inserted Knight descriptions. It's being rather complex and time consuming. I have to manually inject line-breaks. And also, BGE uses a 'table of contents' to look up where each description's text begins; like most things in BGE, the table of contents is arranged in a random order that doesn't match the description text order. That means I have to manually check each description in the game to make sure my new table of contents matches the random order of the original. To make matters worse, we had a brief power outage here and I lost my 'check marks' that showed which descriptions I had already verified. Anyways, things are progressing, just slowly.

(2014-01-19, 09:07 PM)HwitVlf link Wrote:I'll bet all it would take is fixing a single op code in the ISO to get LoF working on all emulators including the PSP.

If that's the case then it will be good news for those trying to play LoF in the psp but is it easy to find that single op code or is there even an easy way to locate it? That's another topic by the way so sorry about that.

Anyhow, I'm very happy to know that you're still doing the translation. I hope and pray that those problems you mentioned gets solved soon so we can all be happy. ‎  Rofl beerchug

(2014-01-21, 09:24 AM)supermania23 link Wrote:[quote author=HwitVlf link=topic=684.msg10203#msg10203 date=1390162033]
I'll bet all it would take is fixing a single op code in the ISO to get LoF working on all emulators including the PSP.

If that's the case then it will be good news for those trying to play LoF in the psp but is it easy to find that single op code or is there even an easy way to locate it? That's another topic by the way so sorry about that.

Anyhow, I'm very happy to know that you're still doing the translation. I hope and pray that those problems you mentioned gets solved soon so we can all be happy. ‎  Rofl beerchug
[/quote]

Hi Hw glad to hear that you had a good Christmas and I am sorry to hear about your family's health issues and power issues!

Glad to hear you are making slow progress and it's great to hear from you!

(2014-01-15, 04:33 AM)iDrake link Wrote:Hi Guys,

So..... I am 800% excited to see that your still moving forward with the translation and I would like to speak with you a bit (Phone or Skype) on how I can be of assistance. I have some ideas and maybe, just maybe, I could help.

I am the Owner of Crucial App Concepts, Inc. and my team develops mobile apps. ‎  It really is encouraging to see everyone's support for this game and it truly is worldwide. I've been following Brig forums for quite some time looking. About 15 years back I told myself that I was going to be a part of making the next generation of Brigandine. A Brig 2 so to say.

There are a few people/groups out there talking about doing it and several projects I found that seem to have begun but stuttered off into nothingness due to the costs or other engagements.

So, 15 years later, I have finally gotten to the point where I can do so. I will be setting up a website in the next couple weeks, along with Facebook Fanpage, Twitter, and will begin keeping constant updates on our progress.

I would appreciate your guys support in this as well. I will be launching a small Kickstarter to assist in the funding of this project but in the mean time we began the story, classes, creatures, and flow this week. We should begin working on the artwork in the next week or two to try and keep things in parallel and moving forward.

My goal is to keep to the basics but expand on some ideas as well. We will also be focusing on releasing content every two months or so to the app store to keep this game moving, bug free, and exciting.

I know the value of a good game and what these old school type games meant. Nothing beats the feeling of figuring out for yourself the secrets of a game. Games today don't do this much. It's disappointing.

I encourage everyone's feedback and really hope that I am able to capture what Brigandine is/was. But just in case I don't meet everyone's expectations, we will still have the translated BGE. lol ‎  Rofl

Feel free to email me with questions or suggestions until I get the website forums up and running.

[email protected]

Emailed you

I've finished inserting/polishing the description text! Now working on some polishing tweaks and fixes.

All the Capital cities in BGE have their own custom title except for some reason Iscalio and Caerleon share the same title (Royal City). I'm thinking this was a mistake on the developer's part- especially since the name-drawing routine for both cities have their own separate title 'detection' routines, but both routines just point to the same title. Anyways, I took some time and inserted a routine to give Caerleon's capital its own custom title. So how does "Rune Tower Linnuis" sound?