Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

I hated kiloph in brigandine forsena...
Caerleon was my favorite.

About the fix:
Thank god we have people like you "Perfectionism"
as I said in other topic only you in the world is doing this amazing translation project.
Too bad That I don't know nothing about hex and japanese I can only cheer for you.
Thanks a lot my friend ^^

hey guys,

i really really love playing Brigandine since it has a lot of replayability value. moreover, i'm kinda dissapointed since Atlus did not release English version of "Brigandine: Grand Edition"

Therefore, i'm really grateful for the effort to translate the whole game into English. you guys have my thanks!

keep up the good work guys!

Hi,

I am yet another person to step up with sincere thanks for huge effort to translate B:GE. Brigandine: LoF took huge part of my youth and gave me unique (among all others) gameplay. Ever since then I was waiting and dreaming that one day i will have a chance to re-live this fantastic adventure again (I didn't played GE although I own one).

Please accept my thanks and forgive my english as it's not native to me.

Thanks a million for your great work from Stalowa Wola, Poland.

btw. Norgard rules !

Thank you both Vaynard and ‎  Vindo! This project requires a lot of focus and effort so it has been very encouraging to know people are looking forward to it. Most of my past projects have gotten little to no feedback so I just worked on them for my own "enjoyment". Knowing that there are a decent number of people looking forward to BGE makes it a lot more fun to work on.

Vaynard, during this translation, I'm creating ASM files designed specifically to make translation into other languages easy. ‎  Maybe you can translate BGE into Polish someday??!! ‎ 
beerchug

Can't wait to see the finished game . I really love brigandine I still play lof !!! Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!

If we get anymore new members solely from the Brigandine project I am going to have to change the domain to Brigandine20xx.com!

JK, but seriously, it is interesting to me that Brigandine is one my all time favorites as well and drives me crazy the brand and IP was never continued, and it seems alot of other folks feel the same way.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Thank you Tony0075 ‎  beerchug

I wonder who owns Brigandine's IP? People usually assume it is Atlus, but Atlus was just the US translator so I doubt they owned the title. I have heard that it was developed by the game company E3 Staff, which was then bought out by Hearty Robin toy company, which had a game development division for a short time. And then Hearty Robin was bought by a larger company that didn't make games at all. I always assumed that meant Brigandine was dead for good, but someone must have authorized the recent Playstation Store release of Grand Edition in Japan. That makes me think the IP owners are still around somewhere and care about the product.

Can't wait for the Brigandine GE English Patch...
I already read all the post from page 1.
Great support.

Good Luck HwitVlf
^_^

Brigandine20xx.com is a nice name..

SwordOfBrigandine.com??? SworBrofMoongandine.com? ‎  Biggrin

Nice to hear from you ‎  LethalKiss. That's a lot of reading! ‎  Eek

I've gotten the "new game story" translated, that is the text which appears at the beginning when you start a new singleplayer or multiplayer game. Unfortunately, I found out that it uses it's own drawing routine. I had thought it shared a routine with the Dialog text, but it only shares the letter-loading routine with Dialog. The part of the text routine that actually draws text on screen, creates the shadow, controls next-line timing etc are all unique to the story text. ‎  So I've had to hack in some more tweaks to support the story text.

I figure I should work on translating the quest text next as opposed to the battle-quips, or cutscene conversations. ‎  I'm not sure which section would be more fun to have translated first...

A sample story screen; probably needs tweaking.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)