Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

Ah Ok ‎  Biggrin
Im waiting this translation ‎  like a virgin wait for his first sex.
I only think is sad that they cut out the battle scenes in grand edition ‎  Sweatdrop

I'm inserting the translated "Battle Event" text (i.e. in battle knight vs knight dialog) and came across the weirdest event so far...

Quote:Iria:
... ...

Dillard:
... ...

Huh!!? What did I miss? I guess it's supposed to be a joke since Dillard is described as a "man of few words" and Iria is also very "matter of fact".

An interesting piece of Brigandine trivia: Dryst has an accent and weird mannerisms in the Japanese. It was all removed in Atlus' LoF translation. There are extra vowel sounds inserted into his speaking regularly as in "Howee are you doingaa." His laugh is Kuu ku ku (probably a reference to cuckoo) and he says "Mmm" often for no apparent reason. ‎  I've preserved these things in the BGE translation except for his accent. Because I find that trying to represent an accent with misspelled words is just hard to follow and detracts from the flow of the text.

Another interesting fact, the drama of the Rand family (Liguel, Miguel, and Castor) takes up more room in Brigandie's text than any other story line. Yet a lot of that text is extremely repetitive because the storyline is told from every possible perspective. It was probably my least favorite part to translate so far. I've never seen so many "brother...!" "sister...!" "bother and sister...!" "sister and brother...!" "brother and brother...!" statements in my life! ‎  :sick[1]:

Just a little status update - ‎  I've just finished translating the second part of the "battle quotes" sections. The two "battle quote" sections contain the banter that knights say at the beginning of battles. I still have to manually go through and set the line breaks, and deal with the voice Japanese voice acting auto-advance setup etc.

After that's done, what is left is (roughly):
1. "World Event": section (events triggered on the world map, like when you have 2 specific knights stationed together)
2. "End game": 6 separate ‎  files, one for each countries. They contain a lot of text, but it's mostly identical between the 6.
3. "Retreat Quotes": What Knights say when they lose. Shouldn't be too big.
4. Movies: I have a good literal translation for the movies thanks to the fine company (Crucial Aps) bringing us Sabaton: War of the Weeping Lands, but the script still needs to be edited and polished to match the time alloted in the movies.

The Japanese names in the end game staff-roll credits are mostly in Kanji. Ideally, I would like to translate them to Romanji so that English speakers can understand/recognize the people who made BGE. I'm not skilled enough at recognizing Japanese surnames to do the conversion, so if anyone knows where I can find a list of the names of the people involved in the BGE development written in Roman alphabet, it would be helpful.
beerchug
Quote:"Langueborg:Operation Rainbow is go!"

Drool
Was playing this game (regular edition of course) over the weekend on my psp - I may have to convince my programmer to help me make a brigandine clone sometime soon.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

I really would love to work on a project like that. I just need to finish this durned translation first!

Something was bought to my attention by a friend who sent me this link:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/briga...on#gallery

Are you involved in this? If I'm correct, these are the same games.

Phillip (who posted that indigogo campaign) is one of the posters earlier in this thread and CEO of Crucial Ap Concepts who is currently developing the spiritual successor to Brigandine, Sabaton:War of the Weeping Lands.

He is a big Brigandine fan and offered to help with some of the work load (hire translators etc) and I said it would be fine to use my translation project to help draw fans to his new Sabaton game. He paid hundreds of dollars to get a literal translation done for the movies and some of the Grand Edition unique text. That helped speed up the project considerably. I won't be taking any money from indigogo and I wasn't involved in making the listing at all, but it is referring to my project. I have an aversion to taking money for my work in this translation since the credit for Brigandine belongs to others. The best 'payment' I would hope for is a handful of Brigandine fans who feel like I did a good job.

Edit: Phillip hopes to use the the indiegogo fundraiser to pay for adding online multiplayer and also hire professional voice actors to give BGE the proper touch it deserves.

Alright, I didn't mean no offence if any was seen by the way! I just thought I'd bring it up, since it seemed relevant.

(2014-05-27, 07:46 PM)TheStolenBattenberg link Wrote:Something was bought to my attention by a friend who sent me this link:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/briga...on#gallery

Are you involved in this? If I'm correct, these are the same games.

wanna play the project from HwitVlf but adding an online features from Indiegogo. How awful desperated am i wanting play Brigandine : Grand Edition with online features ? T___T

anyway HwitVlf, hope your project will be awfully awesome ! I'm playing again this game from my android, which makes me gonna beat all countries with Hard Mode (HARD MODE RULES !). But, if you look again, Easy Mode have a totally sicken me when I'm attacking castles, and more if enemies have someone who can cast Meteor Doom. I..just..can..barely..see..armies..dead...

TheStolenBattenberg - I didn't take even the tiniest offense! Not even sure why I would Confused ‎  I really appreciate knowing someone is paying attention. ‎  Seriously - thank you! I've done a lot of projects through the years and most of them just kind of lay there in silence so it's great to hear from others.

alteisenkira Ha ha, I usually call it "Meet Your Doom" instead of Meteor Doom ‎  Tongue
I think online would be great too. I believe Crucial Ap Concepts specializes in stuff like that so they should be able to pull it off.

If anyone is interested, heres some other games they ave in development at the moment:
Grand Theft Pursuit -
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grand-theft-pursuit

Eclipse: Avalon's Gate
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/eclip...lon-s-gate

Panda's Ark
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/panda...lay-donate