Hello

Is there any way to incorporate ranged weapons. It cant be too hard i mean, could it be possible to change a regular weapon's model to a bow, edit the spell line and animation so that an arrow shoots instead of an earth lightning ball for example? Or, you could have a stack of javelins and have them fly just like the earth rock spell. You wouldnt need to mess with the hand positioning really... just have them positioned to fly just above the characters right eyeview.

Theres an arrow in the model data, its easy to transfer it over as an item. There must be a way around this.

Verdite

In theory you could do this if you don't mind forcing players to use spell magic input.

Like everything else this will be added to Ex (see sig) as soon as possible.

What Ex will basically have to be able to do is detect the range weapon equipped. Capture the player input and stick in the extra sword magic button press automatically. From there you can do more sophisticated things like manipulate the swing gauge so it goes in reverse and possibly swap out a few different spell magic on the fly so your arrow can fly further/faster with a stronger shot for example. Oh and pull an arrow item from your inventory each time.

Maybe the only thing that could not be achieved would be a realistic simulation of gravity though it's probably even technically possible to tap into the flying arrow and adjust its heading/coordinates mid flight (that's a little more advanced... but I'd like to look into this sort of thing so enemies can be made to aim straight shooting spells up/down at the player anyway -- one of my biggest gripes)

There may be another way, though I am pretty certain it can't be pulled off without looking weird.

You can specify the length of a weapon in the prf file ( I discovered this last week) so in theory you could use maybe the stabbing animation and have an arbalest appear in your hand rather than a sword...that just leaves the issue of the actual bolt animation, which I dont have a work around for...but you could 'assume' where it would land and specify a distance it would be able to cover.

All in all I think it would look really dumb and probably not play very well, but you could have a very long range weapon with a bit of monkeying around.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Alrighty then, ill be waiting for it to be added, better not spend too much time fighting a losing battle ‎  Biggrin

Im happy to finally see a working ex ‎  Rainbow

Oh no!

He said 'ex' and not 'Ex'.

Call the police!
Site Founder

Ok called the police in england, to report Verdite for such attrocities.....They are investigating it and have assured me this matter will be dealt with with great haste, and that he will face the maximum penalty for his crimes....... ‎  I mean really, how dare he....... Smokin

(2010-04-07, 08:56 PM)dmpdesign link Wrote: Oh no!

He said 'ex' and not 'Ex'.

Call the police!

It is an ignoble offense but not criminal Rolleyes

As punishment the SoM cops made me reveal one of the flags in my game....

Neooooo! (Thats an exaggerated "no" by the way, not a matrix character) My utter surprise will have to wait.

Anyway this is he final designfor ONE town. I cant give too much away, but basically this town will hold two flags, one for the town itself and the second (which will remain hidden) is for a knight regiment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I need a little bit of help with random counter values. Basically, i want to create a money bag that gives random gold. Could someone point out how to use the counter list for this and the meaning of counter value.

Also, can someone please tell me what texture is used for the " Door Hidden: Set 4-2 (2) " Thanks amigos.

Hmm, I will check on this tonight to refresh my memory and post how you can do it.
Site Founder