King's Field in RPG Maker

Just wanted to share some King's Field maps that I remade in RPG Maker a while back. Was thinking about doing some sort of fan-game or remake in the program, but put it on hold shortly after I discovered the SOM editor. I may pick it up again in the future.

This is the remade first floor of the Royal Cemetery, from King's Field 1.
[Image: map_zps4a8fa0d6.png]

And the unfinished second floor.
[Image: map2_zps0aea5724.png]

The West Shore from King's Field 2.
[Image: island_zps96de55c3.png]

Lastly, here's a combination of Quist and the Ancient Battleground from King's Field 3.
[Image: Map_zps3c45b56b.png]
~ ‎® Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Wow, the accuracy is impressive. ‎  I know it's not wise to undertake too much at once, but I do hope you finish this some day. It would be quite interesting.

This is really cool! Would love to see this as a complete game! :D

Cool stuff ! guess I'll be the third to chime in. I'd play it ‎  Smile

‎  I remember a parody game I found years ago called Fredryks Phantasy made with this. It was a lot of fun. Fredryk Phox's buddy put it together with icons from the internet. i remember getting miltons stapler from office space and Leeeroy Jenkins joined your band as a usuable character lol. might still be on albino blacksheep

It looks disjointed because it's not all one map, but here's an RPG Maker recreation of Verdite from King's Field III.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've been looking into this project again lately and did a bit of script editing today. Right now I'm just trying to get some basic combat mechanics ironed out, here's a quick test play of it in action on my redone map of Quist. Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmLXv7Lsu-Q

Note: This is only a test map, I intend to create an original game once I get everything working.

This looks pretty neat! After reading the description of the video it left me a bit confused though. You say it's a "possible 2D King's Field fan game" but you also say that you "intend to create something original". Wouldn't remaking a game be considered unoriginal? I'm not saying that's a bad thing (I'd definitely play this remake) but I'm just a bit confused as to what your goals are. Unless by original you mean an original concept.

I'm over thinking this aren't I?

It'd be original, as in, not a remake, but would take place in the King's Field universe.