King's field 2, the monster you can talk to.

Hi everyone, I'd like to talk about something I found in King's field 2 (or the 3rd if you're from Japan) On the shore after the short water bridge that requires the aquarian boots, there's some wood humanoid monster that shoots magic blue balls at you. In this zone there's one inside the ruins of a house, he does not attack you, he just follow you around the perimeter of the small ruins. If you talk to him he says something in japanese but I'm playin the US version, so I don't know what he's saying.

He also gives you a gold ring, with no description. The dialogue with him is also absent of the record.

Anyone know anything about that?

thank you. ‎  beerchug

It is pretty much common knowledge if I'm not mistaken, but even I've never heard that they speak Japanese in the US version. My memory is foggy, but I think possibly even the logstalker was a friend of the little girl from the previous game. I got that idea from somewhere. Less well known is one of Melanat's monks speaks. I can't remember what they say, but it's inconsequential.... just a novelty, or even accidental text.

P.S. I think his name is Mel Morris, either in the original or in the U.S. game, and that you can use the Truth Glass on him. It may be that the Japanese text is shorthand for monster speak.

Welcome beerchug

Well, thank you for the answer :) I was curious about it because the first time in went through the game I used a walkthrough and it didn't say anything about it.

I just found out about it on my second run, with no help this time, and wanted to know more. Mostly because I can't read japanese and wanted to know what he said.

My memory only goes about about 3 months, so I don't know much more, except that they're brought up often, and appear in some of the games made with Sword of Moonlight.