Rathmor News 19/08/2011 - 28/02/2013

Because i finished the necromancer i thought id add a quick scene for fun.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice job on the necromancer. I love how that one skeleton has no clue what its doing, lol.
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. Ninja

Very nicely made Ben, love the floor too.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Necromancer looks cool, I like his design. Perhaps you could add some shading on the texture to make it look even better, though? beerchug

Thanks for the input guys! Guyra i think thats a good idea. I wasnt too sure if he'd need shading because of the various browns on his cloak. I'm going to make some new models tonight, ill let you know when ive got round to adding the shading to him.

Cool. Some shading from the clothes and onto the skin could make it look wicked, and maybe some on the clothes in certain areas. How does the texture file(s) for him look, btw? :)

I made everything myself, clothes, face textures and all, just like all my models. I used orange peel for the skin. I made this image low res (the original is crisp and 1024x1024) as its just a sample and wont take up as much memory.

Wow thats a much smaller texture than I had figured.

I do agree that it may be beneficial if you can find a way to darken the inside of the hood or add a drop shadow look where the cloak overhangs the arms.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Excellent input. Yeah i could have made the texture smaller, but with the arms i really wanted a droopy overhang to be apparent. Splitting up the model took some time - those who dont know, the program used to get our models into SoM doesnt support mesh warping.

I spent probably too long last night making a completely new set of anims and axe for a dual wielding skeleton. I tested him out - if he backs you into a corner you're ruined. I also made the axe available for the player to take when you've beaten the skeleton.

Yeah!!! ‎  This looks more and more amazing every time I drop in to see what's going on!