Suggestions? Or Ideas?

If you would like to influence the course of this game, feel free to post it here. Honestly regardless of how absurd, funny, strange or hideos (within reason ‎  Smug) you're request or idea is, i'll treat every comment with respect and understanding, dont hold back! Let it flow! ‎  Biggrin

- Something you didnt like in the KF series and thought it could be redone better?
- A certain type of weapon or armour, item or object you've always wanted to see in a KF / SoM game?
- Custom enemy idea? Think the model textures need reworked?
- Got a medieval / warrior / etc drawing you'd like to put into the game?
- Havent time to use SoM, but got an idea you'd like to implement?

Everyone who offers constructive suggestions etc will be included in the credits, and will have my utmost thanks.

Hope to hear from ya.

Verdite

Hmm...

I will have to wait and see the demo before I chime in on this one... but I probably have lots of ideas I could throw at you for your consideration.

What I would like to know really is the layout of your world because the types of customs I would probably talk about adding are unique areas within your environment rather than items etc.

I could probably draw up some pretty cool places you might like to consider taking ideas from, and lots of things that I didn't get into DD due to the lack of time/ability to create the custom map pieces.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Yeah id like to see them at some point, anything you could name right now?

Well I thought it would be cool to see someone do a really well done tree top village (if youve ever played Myst..youd know what i was contemplating). ‎  Maybe one that was relatively primitive, inhabited by forest folk etc.

Another one I thought might be interesting is a gnomish village, similar to the shire but maybe even smaller scale. ‎  But quite honestly, these ideas would really require a certain type of fantasy world which very well may not work out in your game, hence why i thought a good peek at your demo may help my creative juices flow ;)
Site Founder

Oh another I just thought of...for a more serious game environment...

maybe a desolate field of huge dragon bones and the like, like a war torn battleground between man and dragon hundreds of years ago and huge dragon skeletons and bones are strewn about.
Site Founder

Sounds pretty awesome, i know i could make an entire dragon skeleton. Would take some time too! ‎  Sweatdrop

About the gnome village, i think the player would actually have to be a gnome if you wanted to explore the area :) that would be awesome - a gnome SoM game. (Did gnomes fight?)

Need help with timers. I'd like the player to use a sword blade in front of the blacksmith.

He tells you to leave and come back in a while. I'd like to set the timer to about 15 mins realtime.

Could you help me set up this event?

OK, thankfully timers continue to gain time as you move around maps (sometimes thats a pain but oh well).

Keep in mind whenever you use timers they are shared, so if youre going to set up a timer for this and allow the player to wander about aimlessly within your game world, you probably dont want any other map events working on this timer.

Lets use Timer3, since its the last of the 4.

OK, you will need an event that measures the time of the timer.

Create an event that is always on, this event should include one leaf that basically is set up as:

"Set Timer Value in Counter"
Use Timer 3 as the timer to set the value based on and create a new event counter to track the time...call it something like 'blacksmith timer'

Ok thats it for that event...so what this will do is it will always store the value of timer3 as the value for the counter named 'blacksmith timer'...so however long the timer has been running, that is the value of this counter.

OK now create the event where you give the blacksmith your sword. ‎ In that event you should do a few things.

#1 alter a specific counter that controls the blacksmith's dialog (call it "blacksmith chat" or something similar), so that when you inspect he may say something like "come back later, im not finished".
#2 begin timer3
#3 move forward one leaf (this is important else the timer will continually restart)

OK, so now lets say the blacksmith's dialog is based on this 'blacksmith chat' counter. ‎ Maybe to begin with its at 0 and he will progress to the dialog to where he requests the sword.

Upon request lets set the counter value for it to = 1...now have a dialog set up for the blacksmith that will say the 'leave me alone' stuff while counter =1 and you interact.

Now...to get the sword back from him...require that counter to be > 1.

So we need to create another event. ‎ Keep in mind SOM sets counter values based on timers in whole second increments...so if you want the player to wait 15 minutes...you would do an always on event that when counter value of "blacksmith timer" > 900 (you dont want to equal 900, you want it greater than 900 just in case youre not on the exact map the event will be taking place when the timer hits 900) you raise the value of 'blacksmith chat' to 2.

Now when you go back to the blacksmith, his chat counter will be at 2 and he will give you back your sword and begin a new dialog.

Hope this helps.
Site Founder

A similar setup would be to use an IF setup something like this:

Event1 : Trigger= Use Item [blade] Near[Smith] : Start Condition + have item [blade=1]
‎  Change Player Parameter: Number of Item [Blade] : Set to: 0
‎  smith says "I'll get to work"
‎  begin Timer3
‎  Control active Page = Event2 go to Page01

Event2 : Trigger = Examined [Smith]
Page00 = Blank
Page01 : ‎ 
‎  set Timer3 in counter[15MinuteCheck]
‎  IF(15MinuteCheck>900):"Here's your sword" + Go to Page3
‎  OTHERWISE "Come back later"
‎  END IF

You might have to tweak a little for your specific setup.

Hello. ‎  The only thing I really think would make a big difference in my gaming experience with Rathmor would be to up the run speed of the main character. ‎  I just played through Asus' SeaGuard and found the fast running speed there to be a pleasant surprise. ‎  To be honest, the slow run speed in KF TAC was probably my only major peeve. ‎ 

That being said, I still enjoyed the demo immensely!