The Art thread

Welcome to the Art thread! All the images i post are models made by me or in some cases, modified. I'd like anyone to post their art here. Feel free.

Sciath Shield (wicker)[/glow]
This is an ancient style of wicker shield said to have been used by the Irish during well before and during the dark ages.
[Image: wickershield.png]

[glow=red,2,300]Dark ages Chainmail[/glow]
Chainmail made in the Dark Ages style. (mod)
[Image: rathmail.jpg]

[glow=red,2,300]Dark ages Axehammer

A type of axehammer, made directly from reference, almost exact.
[Image: axehammer1.jpg]

How did I miss this post?

This stuff looks cool!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Yes indeed - fine work verdite

Thanks guys! ‎  Rainbow

The equipment modeling is definitely one of the shining points in Rathmor.

I wonder how those wicker shields were bound. Some of the Persian army used shields similar to a wicker basket. I used to joke that they must have tried to put the basket over their enemy's head and whack them back and forth Three Stooges style. I'd hate to be carrying a basket shield and encounter a Roman Plumbata.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The equipment has always been my favourite part of most games.

Alot of time went into making those models, especially the spangenhelm and ancient helm.

I tried to strike a balance for the more "newer" items in Rathmor, being a cross between Medieval and fantasy, and tried to add the Dark age equipment as older gear.

Agreed, which is one of the reasons KF pulled me in to begin with was the nice equipment gallery that got built as you found stuff.

Its one of my major pet peeves about the final fantasy games as there is typically no armor, and even when there is, it does not affect the way your character looks or appear in the game ....
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

New sword.

About 2 hours total work. Maybe a lil longer.

Made it as practical as possible (within fantasy guidelines Smug), i think that the height of the sword guard would balance the curve of the blade. I tried to make a steppe nomad / scimitar with blade-locking hooks.
I know they are small but they look menacing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I love the weathered hand made look. ‎  Did you make the texture yourself? It's very good.

Yes i made everything myself with atlasing ‎  Rainbow i was pleased with the sword blade. Looks devastating.