The Art thread

I was wondering the same thing about wireframes. I actually think the new low-poly ones look better than the old. The angles look more natural, whereas the old are perfectly symmetrical. Very cool; is this for Mount and Blade?

Yes these models are for the Brytenwalda mod for Warband. I think since modelling my skeleton ive learnt alot about making low poly look more 'smooth' by shaping verts.

Heres my final set of Saxon helmets for Brytenwalda.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

More art. All mount&blade stuff.

Texturing (not my model, I'd be ashamed to post it if it was)

-Japanese aboriginal clothing (Ainu)
[Image: juu69w.jpg]

[Image: 35m1g7n.jpg]

[Image: 14xyoma.jpg]

[Image: 2iapw6e.jpg]

Really nice stuff, this makes me want to play mount & blade again.
~ ‎® Indie RPG developer.

Twitter: twitter.com/JC_Bailey1112

Nice, did you use reference pictures?

For the ainu clothes I just tried to get a feel for the patterns, and the bone armour is accurate. Spanish stuff was all reference work :)

Can I have some critiques please? I am happy with this mesh but I could do with a critical eye scan on it. Smile

Be as harsh as possible please!

Final count : roughly 2200 vertices, 2600 faces

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think it looks great. The body shape (bulky torso with small fore-limbs) seems to match the posture in the 2nd picture well.

If I put on my uber-perfectionist glasses,

you might be able to squish out a few more polygons without degrading the shape, ‎  but it's probably not worth the effort.

there is an angle mid forearm that might seem a bit 'bent'. It shows up mainly in the middle picture in the knife arm.

the heels seem rather thick compared to the leg and feet. I think they might look more natural if they thinner and had a curve that complimented the calf. ‎  If that makes any sense.
Really nice!!!

Thanks John I appreciate the feedback - you are definately right about the feet ‎  Smile