Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

Tony0075: You're certainly welcome. And ‎  thank you for rooting for me! ‎  Smile

tydusgaravaea: Hi Cool and thank you for posting! I have a a lot of good Brigandine memories too; it may be the game I've played through more times than any other. ‎  There seem to be a lot of Brigandine fans from your part of the world. I wonder why that is. Just curious, did you first play Brignadine's Japanese version or the US English release?

Dinar: Nice picture! Ha ha, "Chick Fight!!" ‎  (Lance and Zemeckis stop fighting to watch) Biggrin Personally, I think Halley would smack Mira senseless, but that's probably just because Halley always acts so tough whereas Mira seems a more 'sentimental'.

I was just translating the dialog for when Mira and Millet get hired by a new kingdom after Esgares' defeat. All that text was in Legend of Forsena, but I don't think Atlus did a very good job on the translation. They kind of stripped the personality out of the language and made everyone sound the same.

For example, when the twins appear before Vaynard and ask to join Norgard, the LoF translation has him reply (ha, just noticed that "is" should be "are"- Atlus typo!):
Quote:Isn't life ironic? The twins who used to belong to the Empire is now standing in front of me asking to work for me...

What he actually says is:
Quote:Heh, fate has a sense of humor. The devil twins who plagued my army now stand before me with a request...

I think Atlus lost some of his personality by simplifying his statement. Also, his calling them "devil twins" is a key factor in the conversation that follows. The twins think he was commenting on the "Curse of the Twins", but he was actually just meaning that they were "strong foes". It just loses some emotional content that is meant to paint the Knight's personalties.

Another thing the Atlus translation often does is add text when the Japanese only had an ellipses "...". That's not necessarily bad, but you have to make sure the inserted text shows the correct emotion. Ellipses usually mean the person is "shocked and speechless". ‎  Atlus swaps in bland phrases like "I understand." or "What do you mean?". ‎  That totally loses the original strong emotion.

I'm hoping that my translation will restore a little bit of the personality that was lost in LoF version.

LOL Chick Fight ‎  Biggrin

I just hope I can find an image with full body of all Brigandine heroes, like your image.

By the way, is this screen can be called a Chick Fight? XD

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

HwitVlf: I played the US English Release. Although we're close to Japan we really don't know a lot of Japanese (the alphabet's different) but we know a lot of English. I guess that explains why we play a lot of US released games on any platform. I can't help but remember back then when I was consulting the FAQ's and saw that there was a final battle with Bulnoil but I just can't make it happen. Every time I finish the game I was hoping to get to battle him. Guess he doesn't exist in the US Version after all. Hehe. In GE the final battle is mandatory right? Can't wait to battle him this time. After so so many years.

BTW, I just wanna say that I like the Game of Thrones and I think it would be exciting right if the map would be Westeros and each kingdom is fighting for total domination.

Dinar: Ha ha, definite chick fight!

tydusgaravaea: Interesting about the Philippines! I always wondered what "region" the games there were. It's relatively close to several of the Playstation regions - Euro in Australia, NTSC-J in Japan and the "Asia" region which I think was distributed in Indonesia.

To answer your question, yes every country has extra mandatory endgame battles in BGE.
As far as Game of Thrones, from what I've seem it would be pretty easy to redesign the BGE maps, characters, creatures,spells etc. You should do a "Game of Thrones" mod for BGE!

I had my 2TB storage hard drive start going out (there's nothing smart about S.M.A.R.T. haha!) and it's taken the better part of 4 days to recover most of the data of it. I wasn't able to do any Brignadine work during that time, but I'm getting back to it now.

This is just a funny typo I found in the Legend of Forsena translation. It appears when Lyonesse is meeting Vaynard where he declares war on Leonia:
Quote:Asmit
{Is he gone? Queen Leonaisse, sometimes you amaze me. How were you able to talk to Vaynard like that?} ‎ 
Ha ha, maybe Asmit was hungry and thinking of Mayonnaise? There was a similar odd translation for Carmine's name in his retreat quote where he's called "Ramolue". I wonder if these were early alternate versions of the names that slipped through the editing process.

More trivia, the continent is called "Folsena" in the Japanese version, and New Almekia is called West Almekia. Yet strangely in the Grand Edition strategy guide which has the names written in English and Japanese, the English is rendered as New Almekia. So I guess "New Almekia" was not just an invention by Atlus.

A brigandine forsena or even Ge with mod of game of thrones for android for example would sell a lot money in google play. I know there's lot brigandine fans out there and I ‎  lots people buying any stuff related to game of thrones (there's some games made in rpg maker). Imagine this combination brigandine + game of thrones...Imo forsena would be better because there's animation in battles and in Ge don't.
I would gladly buy brigandine: Game of thrones mod !!!!

Question to HwitVlf:

I used to play in hard mode all the time in forsena and the hard mode was like a normal mode..
This Ge hard mode is hard as hell or same as forsena?

(2014-06-18, 09:39 PM)HwitVlf link Wrote:Dinar: Ha ha, definite chick fight!

tydusgaravaea: Interesting about the Philippines! I always wondered what "region" the games there were. It's relatively close to several of the Playstation regions - Euro in Australia, NTSC-J in Japan and the "Asia" region which I think was distributed in Indonesia.

To answer your question, yes every country has extra mandatory endgame battles in BGE.
As far as Game of Thrones, from what I've seem it would be pretty easy to redesign the BGE maps, characters, creatures,spells etc. You should do a "Game of Thrones" mod for BGE!

Quote:I used to play in hard mode all the time in forsena and the hard mode was like a normal mode..
This Ge hard mode is hard as hell or same as forsena?
As far as I know, the AI difficulty has not been changed in BGE. However, the balancing has been adjusted some and some classes have access to different spells/abilities.

I think it would be fun to make a set of "challenge" mods to make gameplay difficult. Such as:

Disable all summoning so you only have access to starting creatures or captured/quested.

Give extra XP to all enemies at the end of each turn. That would make them level up faster than the player.

Make all castles in the players starting domain only summon Ghouls.

Change the players starting domain to a single castle.

- every monster rank max(lv 30) against your rank 2(lv20) monsters
- every knight rank max(lv30) against all your knights with lv 1

Challenge accept X Ninja

Quote:I think it would be fun to make a set of "challenge" mods to make gameplay difficult. Such as:

Disable all summoning so you only have access to starting creatures or captured/quested.

Give extra XP to all enemies at the end of each turn. That would make them level up faster than the player.

Make all castles in the players starting domain only summon Ghouls.

Change the players starting domain to a single castle.

Those are fun things I would like to see in Brigandine but I really wish they would remake this game. So I was thinking that if they go along with the remake, they could do some things that may make the game more interesting. For example:

1. Give some of the special characters unique passive abilities like Lyonesse having a healing aura that heals all units around her each turn or Aldis boosting the stats of all dragons she controls.
2. Maybe have a quest to fight some legendary super monster and instead of killing it you can charm it to be yours. Or quite simply get it ‎  in the quests.
3. Being more creative in some of the maps like making some of them fairly easy to defend with just a few units (natural fortresses). The maps are all different but I know it can be better.
4. Have a thief character that will know how to steal items (weapons, armor). (Maybe you can get him in a quest.)

Those are some of the things I can think of at the moment. What do you think?

I like every one of those ideas. Anything that makes gameplay more varied and adds extra fun activities.

Some things I thought might be fun:
1. When summoning, add a small chance for a unique powerful creature to emerge instead of the standard.

2. When summoning, add a small chance for a powerful enemy creature to emerge that will travel around your land destroying stuff until stopped.

3. Make some quests end in 1 on 1 battles where the knight gets something good if they win or wounded if they lose.

4. Add skills to the knights that grant ‎  bonuses to the caste where they are stationed like extra defenses, more Mana generation, more powerful summoned creatures etc. ‎  That way, you could place knights strategically instead of just fighting or questing them. ‎