Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

Would you consider a patch that just subtitles all the voice acting for the cut scenes? ‎  I've always been fond of subs for Japanese games and anime releases. ‎  If not that's cool, I honestly dunno how much work it would be to do that over trying to dub the scenes lol.

Also every time you post more scenes that you've translated I get so excited lmao. ‎  Can't wait.

I'm just about the only person who seems to prefer English voices versus subtitles, so it's extremely likely that there will be an option for subtitles only. It may be impossible to get good English acting with only amateur equipment anyways. Subtitles may end up the only option. ‎  Drool

I'm sure my roommate would like the dubs option too so either way is fine. ‎  I'm super excited regardless! ‎  Idk what country I'll start with this time, I usually end up choosing the tyrant or the queen lol.

(2014-09-30, 08:07 PM)HwitVlf link Wrote:Hi Username (ha ha funny ‎  Biggrin ) Thank you for speaking up and offering help! At this point, the biggest thing that would be helpful is audio work on the movies. That includes a few steps:

1) Recording quality voice acting synced with lip movement as much as possible. There are only a few characters with long speeches in the movies, most just have a few words or grunts etc.

2) Blanking the voice sections of the movie audio so that it's ready for the English voice acting, but keeping as much of the non-voiced audio samples as possible.

3) Finding similar sound effects to replace the ones that occur during Japanese speech. These are mostly simple things like sword being drawn sounds etc.

If you're interested in doing any of that, let me know and I can try to get a plan going.

I finished inserting the Caerleon event text and polishing up the line breaks etc. Norgard and Leonia are left now. Beyond that, the only other text left that I know of (knock on wood) is the "new game" intro for each country, the defeated event for each country, and the 'Zemeckis defeated' event for each country. After that, there would just be a lot of testing and polishing needed.
Coffee

1. I'd be interesting in helping. I don't think I would qualify as a quality voice actor, so I'm not sure if I can help there...

2. However, I might be able to help with finding some sound effects. If there's a list of sound effects, I could search for some.

3. I'm not sure if I can help with blanking the voice section in the movies. I have some video editing software and I can operate it, not fantastically, but I can operate it. However, I'm not sure how to work with the Brigandine movie files. Edit: By that I mean, I'm having trouble converting the STR files into an easier to work with file format.

I'm uploading the BGE movies right now. I'll send you a private message with some info when they're done. ‎  beerchug

Cool, sounds like a plan. ‎  Smile

Message sent ‎  Smile

Message received. ‎  Cool

I'm downloading the files now.

Username, I sent a second message with some new info. Here's a picture to go with it. ‎  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey Hwit, I am a voice actor, and I travel in several voice acting circles. I am also a regular on the Voice Acting Club and Voice Acting Alliance forums.

Are you just looking for people to provide voiceover during the cinematics? If so, about how many characters would you be looking at, in terms of how many show up in cinematics and need to be voiced?