Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

(2014-03-18, 03:07 PM)Nicolai21 link Wrote:I just read all the posts and the company who made Brigandine is Hearty Robin.

Now where can I get this patch so I can play this? I played the original to no end and then in 2014 found out about GE. So mad, but thanks to you I can play in english!
I also know some Japanese and can do translations if ya need me to.
Hello Nicolai ‎  Smile I'm pretty sure E3Staff developed Brigandine. The Wikedpedia page says it was Hearty Robin, but it's wrong. I've seen E3Staff's Brigandine website from before they were bought out by Hearty Robin toy company. Grand Edition may have been released after E3 Staff was absorbed into Hearty Robin, but the game only mentions E3Staff.

A patch has not been released for this project yet.

Thank you for the offer to help. Can you make a transcript for the BGE videos with spoken Japanese?

(2014-03-19, 01:11 PM)whitelight link Wrote:Random question! But a totally important question. Can you tweak with knight levels? ‎  Confused I sure hope that you can. Bowl
I'm sure you can edit the starting levels. I wouldn't want to mod the game that much in this patch, but I think a BGE remake mod would be awesome.

It's pretty easy to change sprites, quests, spells,units,world map,battle maps. ‎  That would practically make a new game experience.

I can try to do the transcripts. My hearing it isn't that great but I may be able to find something online to help me with that part.
I found a video online with all the cutscenes. I can listen to them over and over to get the stuff I need. Unless you can get the transcripts from the game in Japanese.

Transcripts would be very helpful! I don't need them for the cut scenes with subtitle boxes already, just for the animated movies that have no- subtitle text. There may be a transcript available from a Japanese Brignadine fan site already. I haven't checked yet.

You can download a save-game file for BGE from gamefaqs.com with the Recollection section at 100%. If you load the save, you'll be able to watch all the movies in the Recollection section.

Another possibility is that the Japanese LoF game has a transcript for the BGE movies, since LoF didn't have the animated videos (I think). ‎ 

" It's pretty easy to change sprites, quests, spells,units,world map,battle maps. ‎  That would practically make a new game experience.
[/quote]"

wow
Imagine a Mod in brigandine about game of thrones like that guy did to mount and blade warband. ‎  Ninja

You rox hwitVlf!

I have done some digging and found something that may help.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/196820-briga...faqs/47886
From the scenes I have listened to this is a good translation for them.
Some of the wording may be off though, but if it is let me know and I'll see what they mean. I do have a Japanese dictionary to help out.

(2014-03-19, 07:45 PM)HwitVlf link Wrote:[quote author=whitelight link=topic=684.msg10432#msg10432 date=1395231096]
Random question! But a totally important question. Can you tweak with knight levels? ‎  Confused I sure hope that you can. Bowl
I'm sure you can edit the starting levels. I wouldn't want to mod the game that much in this patch, but I think a BGE remake mod would be awesome.

It's pretty easy to change sprites, quests, spells,units,world map,battle maps. ‎  That would practically make a new game experience.
[/quote]

Haha, well to tell you honestly...my favorite leaders aside from Vaynard is Lance and Lyonesse for the reasons that they start from level 1. And it's so much fun feeding them kills and watching them grow and get beefed up XD

Anyway, made progress with the scripts but it's getting a bit slow since it's kind of hard to preserve the literary artistry of the lines since I had to rearrange stuff :)) Most of them are on how the sentences were constructed. Some sounded weird because the modifiers were misplaced which I had to correct.

I'll come up with examples soon :D

BTW, once this is done. An upgraded version would be awesome. Like let's say have an alternate universe with a totally different story and then having the leaders as the great grandchildren of the current leaders. They could start out at low levels and then when they reach a certain level or complete necessary conditions, they can advance to a higher much awesome class @_@

Alright, I'll stop now haha! For now, let's work on this awesome translation :D

(2014-03-20, 01:28 AM)Nicolai21 link Wrote:I have done some digging and found something that may help.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/196820-briga...faqs/47886
From the scenes I have listened to this is a good translation for them.
Some of the wording may be off though, but if it is let me know and I'll see what they mean. I do have a Japanese dictionary to help out.
That's just the text from the USA Legend of Forsena game. I don't think the movies in Grand Edition have the exact same text. And Atlus didn't do a very good translation in some places so I need a transcript of the actual Japanese spoken during the Grand Edition movies.

whitelight, my favorite characters were the ones you could start at level1. I hope someone does do a full makeover mod.

A little update info on the translation: I'm about half way through translating the recruit quests right now, and I have to say, Atlus' translation messed these quests up more than other areas. Even when they get a phrase technically right, they don't pick words that accurately convey what the story is trying to get across. Atlus made the quests a group of almost almost disconnected clauses.

For example in Georg's quest Atlus translated:
Quote:Are you all Knights of Leonia? What?! Hic... There is only one of you? What are you talking about? Hic!
Wait a minute... How many same faces... 1,2,3.... Huh? Are there four of you?

What he is actually saying is:
Quote:Are all of you knights from Leonia? ...what? *Hic* You're alone? Nahhh!! There's 1...2...3... say! You all look the same!? Are you quadruplets!?

It's just a little joke, but when you miss enough things like that, the dialog just leaves you wondering "what was that all about?"

Anyways, I'm glad to have a chance to restore some of the original personality to these Knights that was lost in LoF.

So, quick question:

I know the patch is still a ways away, but do you know if it'll work on the Japanese PSN version of Grand Edition? Presumably, you'd have to convert the EBOOT to an ISO before patching (Then convert it back to an EBOOT if you want to run it on a modded PSP), but I don't know if there would be any differences between an ISO made from the download vs the disc that may affect patching. But I think it would be pretty nice if I could use the patch on the copy of the game that I actually bought!

I'm not familiar with EBOOT to ISO conversion process, but the odds are high that the patch would work as long as the ISO doesn't have compression etc. If nothing else, I will try to make the patch compatible with all known forms of the game before I'm done. Do you know the checksum (CRC32) and size for such an ISO?

If the CRC32 is e7dd77c8 the patch should work. Even if the CRC is different, if the file size is 751,720,368, there is a good chance the patch will work.

I'm still here. Just been busy this past few days since it'll be my graduation on friday :D (graduating from college) and then will have to prepare for review on boards. After friday I have 4 days off, so hopefully I'd be able to finish everything you sent me by then :D

And yeah, my favorites will always be the knights starting from level 1 to less than five. Among my favorites include Lance, Lyonesse, Cortina, Dogal, Hyude, Liguel, Merriott and Alsace :D I hope I didn't miss any of them :D