Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

John, I was able to apply your patch to a specific copy (the dark side box set one) of KF1 and convert it to an eboot, it should work fine for this :) ‎  If someone manages one of the complete game please get it to me and I will host it with the other files.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

There's more scenes and stuff about halley in brigandine Ge?
In forsena was so mysterious
For me is the best character ^^

dmp: Exactly. Companies are very unlikely to edit the workings of a PS1 game at this point since the software and development teams are long gone. If a PS1 game has an alternate version (ie would need a different patch), it was likely created when the PS1 was still 'alive' because a bug was found in the initial run, or the company changes logos or such.

duredure: Funny you mention Halley, I was just translating the Quest where she visits Leland's grave. I think there is more about Halley in Grand Edition. Her story is part of the end-game stuff that seems to have been left unfinished in LoF. She is a subject of several animated sequences in BGE.

An interesting thing I noticed, the Japanese LoF game doesn't have the problem on the 'New Game' screen like the US version does. Another clue that the "Dryst only" (set location out of bounds) bug is a simple fix once it's source can be tracked down.
‎ 

Ah, I hope HwitVlf can translate some conversation / dialogue before battle which was not present in LOF.

For example :

Lance VS Cai

Cai VS Gish

Vaynard VS Zemeckis

Clarence VS Paradoll

Schutleis VS Irvin

Lyonesse & Kiloph & Baleen

Kiloph and Asmit (Without Lyonesse) But you must set Kiloph in force number 2, while Asmit in force number 1

Bagdemagus and Gallo

Meleagant and Adilicia

Isfas and Charlene

Isfas VS Charlene

Charlene VS Langueborg

Bagdemagus VS Daffy

Roadbull and Elaine

And still more :D

Yep,the plan is to translate all that!
I'm working on the "Special Quest" text right now. Most of the stuff you mention should be in the "Battle Quips" section which I'm doing next.

I noticed that the "Brigandine LoF DodgeHit.zip" which I put together for Prevch has been downloaded quite a few times. I'm not sure if it even made sense much less was useful to anybody.

I was wondering if anyone found the information in it useful enough to be worth posting in a more prominent pace?

This is just some info that might interest people who would like to get into game translating.

While inserting the translated Special Quest text, I ran into some serious space problems. In BGE, each Special Quest is loaded off the CD into RAM individually as needed and there is only 2048 letters worth of space ‎  for each quest on the CD. ‎  I needed more room that for several of the Special Quests. You can resize a Playstation game CD and move data around, but it's fairly complicated. Instead, I thought I'd try to write the long quests in the Dummy file.

Dummy files are basically blank files written to a CD in order push the important data further out on the disk where the CD read speed is faster. They are still a perfectly viable space to store data.

With a little tracing, ‎  I found the routine which BGE uses to load data off the CD into RAM. You provide this routine with 3 numbers and it does the rest of the work. The 3 numbers being
1 Source data's location on the CD
2 Destination location in RAM
3 Length of Data to transfer

I edited the ‎  "Source data's location" for the long Special Quests to read from the dummy file. This Dummy file has about 12MB worth of space available (HUGE!) so it may be useful for other things as well.

The edit seems to be working so far and was a lot easier that resizing the entire CD!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow, Aldis and.....Piro??? I like this scene.

By the way, in LOF, her Fafnir called "Puro" but in GE use different word.

Some character has a different name between LOF and GE like :

Rain (LOF) and Rein (GE)

Hula (LOF) and Yura (GE)

And how about some new quest knight which available in GE only? Look at this :

Alumina or Almina?

Sheluna or Cerluna?

Aaron or Auron?

Hey, I think this will make anyone interested XD

There were quite a few names changed by Atlus in LoF. ‎  I debated how to translate a lot of those including the dragon's name. I tried to leave the Knight names to match LoF but change a few to better match the Japanese like Balder to Walther.

Hello Biggrin

I hate when company change original names ‎  to others ‎  Madani
I would prefer 1000 times old names than new ones.
Ex: the best rpg/strategy in psp Tactics ogre let's cling together
they changed so bad all the names that make me hate this new version.
Ex:The best archer in game a classic and funny name "Aloser" now is arycelle  ‎¬Ã‚ ‎¬
How I wish a mod version of this new game with old names.

anyway in brigandine there's no new characters right?
wasn't better let the old names in this?

sorry my english Tongue

(2014-03-30, 08:26 AM)HwitVlf link Wrote:There were quite a few names changed by Atlus in LoF. ‎  I debated how to translate a lot of those including the dragon's name. I tried to leave the Knight names to match LoF but change a few to better match the Japanese like Balder to Walther.