Hello

It could be one of a couple issues Ben.

Most likely it has to do with the file path in metaseq.

Open your original file in metaseqouia (before you exported to the .x format) and open up your textures.

In the path box if it has anything like "C:\images\texture1.bmp" in the file path then you will have a problem.

What you want to do is delete everything in the path other than the actual bitmap name...so in the above example, remove "C:\images\" and just leave "texture1.bmp". ‎  Now just hit ok, and repeat for any other textures youre using in the model. ‎ 

Now export it to the .x format and try it again.

If that doesnt work, make sure also that your texture bitmap is no greater than 256 x 256 pixels, and that any dimension lower than that is a power of 2.

If neither of those things are your issue, please zip up your model and textures and post them here and I will have a look see and try to find the problem.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Thanks alot for your information back.

I am now contending with the "IF" option in the event panel.

Basically, i bring up the IF. I have a dialogue box, and two message options.
So say i place in the dialogue "Warp to area?"
I'd like to have the first option ("Yes") to say warp my player to map co ordinates.
Second option ("No") to not do so for example.

How can i do this? I noticed the "OTHERWISE" option but it is very vague as to how i am meant to implement these functions.

Actually that one is pretty simple.

If you are just putting in a yes or no event...you would do it like the picture below.

Basically anything you put directly under the If (message choice) event will happen if you select the yes option. ‎  In your case, with the secondary option being a no thanks (meaning it does nothing) and otherwise choice isnt necessary and you can just end the if statement.

Later if you decide to make the second option do something you would still load up whatever you wanted the yes option to do under the if (message choice) line then add an otherwise option under that...like this:

If (message choice)
‎  warp player
Otherwise
‎  display message
End If

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Site Founder

Thanks alot todd that makes things much clearer!

Also, did you get my message? I was asking about the a sand map piece.

Verdite

Got your message back, thanks.

Hello again i seek your wisdom once more.

I'd like to know why i cant get near my custom object. I managed to get kind of close to it when i scaled it right down in object editor. Problem is, that i need this object to be big. Very big. ‎  Smug

So is there something i can do to get rid of these invisible barriers? Something i need to alter with the model in meta or object editor?

Many thanks.

Verdite

Open up your object in the objedit.exe program. ‎  There you can set the parameters of the collision.

If your object will be box-like you can choose cubic collision (this lets you determine the x,z and y size of the object.) ‎  All measurements are in tenths of a meter. ‎  So .1 will be 1/10 of a meter or 1/20 the size of a map tile.

I would open your object profile, adjust it to a rather small collision and test it as needed until you get the right size. ‎  Be sure to re-register your object in the object editor in SOM and re-output the map its in so you can see the changes to the object.
Site Founder

So can objects not have custom collision geometry then? All the more reason to make them modular I suppose.

Ok Mr Verdite, Sorry I have been busy latly but , here my friend is your bamboo Biggrin Now I can only take partial credit for this one...... This was a free model on turbo squid.. Thought I would save some time, Ya know I could have built one faster than it took to find the conversion from Bryce to OBJ......Then scale the textures..... Change the diffusion(they used TGA files) , then fill the leaves with the correct black in the right spots... and then convert everything to SoM mdo...... Whew, like I said I could have built the darn thing faster, next time I will, but anyway here it is my freind(and anyone else who wants awesome Bamboo) I can do this in single stalks in you need one of those as well........ Cheers my friend......Let me know if you need anything else like this, I love a good challenge.........PS I am gonna use this piece as well might as well it was a pain in the BUTT..... ‎  Oh yeah before anyone gets all poly lecturing on me this one is VERY low poly AS well...... can be made in to a map piece even........11 Stalks with leaves only 2,200 poly or 108k perfect mappiece size...Happy Modeling ...............ML

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   SoM_Bamboo.rar (Size: 125.84 KB / Downloads: 158)

How many pixels are in the texture from top to bottom of the shaft? It doesn't appear to repeat.