Last area - how am I doing?

Don't have any hearts, so the obvious answer to the question is...I suck.

Anyways, here is what I have done.

Used the symbol, beat the 4 scythe skeletons.

Went into the earth area, unearthed a switch, flipped the axes, unlocked that room.

Moved to the hand area and got the switch there by removing the hands.

Dunno what I am missing now...something about ribs perhaps?

Moving on....water area.

Upheaval on the two pillars obviously turns the symbols on the wall in a specific manner, how that is affected by the placement of the ones you can move on the opposite wall is beyond me.

Fire area.

Got into the room with the shields, locked the fire seal and opened the room to drain the lava. Found I believe 4 switches among the broken pillars (two on the floor and two in the pillars themselves). Where the other two are, i dont know yet...I will keep looking.

Wind area.

Hehe haven't gotten jack squat here yet except frustration.

99 solves 49 magic and i think 17 or 18 intellect.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

For the earth lair, "ribs" isn't the keyword on that hint - "unearth" is. There are three switches to open 3 gates to get to the heart.

Are you sure you completed the axes puzzle? ^_^

As for the water area of the Grimoire Grand hall, you really don't understand the correlation of the masks to each other?

As for the fire area, I'm guessing you're basing there are 6 switches on the hint you found - also according to the same hint, it might mention a clue to perhaps find the other switches.... ^_^

Wind area - hmm.... think hidden doors.

You <u>might</u> need one more magic ability level to be eligible to complete the game.
[Image: banner.gif]

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

For the axe room, I got the red flash to occur and used the switch...maybe thats not the finish of that room?

The one that really confuses me is the water one...
Site Founder

The red flash and the switch in the axe room signifies that you complete it. That, and you saying you dissolved the hands and got that switch, let me throw this hint at you again.

"ribs" isn't the keyword on that wall writing - "unearth" is. ....when it comes to your 3rd and final switch.

As for the water area - did you try to arrange the masks on the wall the same way as they appear arranged behind the pillars?

Have you tried to move those masks on the wall with both pillars down?
...with the left pillar up only?
...the right pillar up only?
...both pillars up?

^_^

I thought I tried to match it, maybe I am doing it wrong because I was just mirroring the masks....rather than looking at as if i were facing the other side.

ill give it another shot here soon. I did unearth a switch near the well in the earth area which seemed to get me in the room with the axes. I will assume there are more switches.
Site Founder

heart of farvann down, i was indeed mirroring the mask configuration instead of duplicating it on the opposite wall.

onward to find that unearth thing in the earth area!
Site Founder

Ok Jord down.

Got a question for you on the fire one though..

I found six switches, 4 amongst the broken pillars and 2 in the side rooms. I have pressed all 6 but no lava has drained or bars have opened.

I unfortunately think I have pressed several switches more than once, so I am assuming I have reset some of them...assuming that I can't exit the two side rooms unless those two switches are where they should be, that leaves the other 4 switches could be incorrectly pressed for me.

Is there a red flash or anything that indicates when you have all six pressed properly?
Site Founder

For those floor switches, you can look really close to tell if they're on or off. If the button is sticking up, it is <b>OFF</b>. If the button is flush with the switch base, it is <b>ON</b>.

I'll post what the plaque in Brann's area (the fire section of the Grimoire Grand Hall) says... This plaque is posted right next to a gate.

<i>Three of me will reveal what's hidden,
five of me will cease fire from a floor,
and six of me will unlock iron bars.
Everything in between is nothing;
yet you all but step on me.</i>

According to that plaque, putting 6 switches to on won't open the bars - looks like they'll be unlocked though.

The trick (question) is, how to you have 5 switches on (to drain the lava) and 6 switches on (to unlock the gate) at the same time to get to that Insignia of Water?

^_^

I'm glad you figured out how to get Farvann's heart!

Farvann's was cool...as was Jord, and quite honestly so is the fire one so far.

You have an unreal knack for utilizing small areas for intricate and yet logical puzzles. The only game I have ever played that is somewhat similar is Myst, but Tris blows that game away.

BTW, the sword of alchemy...is this obtainable?
Site Founder

Thanks!

....no, the Moonlight Sword(s) of Alch?my are not attainable. More or less just a cameo.... isn't it neat how the sword moves with the players view?

^_^