Any Brigandine (PSX) fans?

I mean your LOF Folder, which contains all mp3 files which cannot be played in my Windows Media Player.

So that's all file do you have? ‎  Smile

Instead of working on the new game text, I worked on the "defeated" text. It includes the rather lengthy "country defeated" stories, and the knight rejoins text for the knights who are unique to GE. Anyways, it's translated and inserted. ‎  A decent amount of progress has been made on the movie re-voicing also. A HUGE thanks to everyone who has provided acting!

What's left (that I know of):
Translate New Game stories.
Translate Tutorial section
Finish Movie re-voicing
Add movie subtitle option
Lots of bug/typo fixes

xhai, the project is still in progress and no patch has been released yet.

That's all I have. I'm not sure why they aren't working in your Windows Media Player. I ran them in mine and they work fine. Sorry! ‎  Sadani

If anyone has skill in converting Japanese proper names to Romanji, or has a list of people who worked on Grand Edition in English, please let me know!

The end game credits have the names in Kanji and ‎  I would like to convert them to Romanji so English fans can recognize them.

How long's the list? I work with a couple of Japanese people that are fluent in English and would probably help me if it isn't to long of a list.

The credits are stored as an image. Attached is the assembled version. The small letters are just the job titles/character names, so I only need the romanji for the large text.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2014-11-24, 04:13 AM)HwitVlf link Wrote:What's left (that I know of):
Translate New Game stories.
Translate Tutorial section
Finish Movie re-voicing
Add movie subtitle option
Lots of bug/typo fixes

will there be an option to switch between English and Japanese Voice? I think I'd prefer the Japanese (because it helps me learn ‎  Badteeth)..
not that I don't like it ofc. I'm fine as long as I can play the game in English ‎  Smile

I doubt ‎  hearing the Japanese while reading my translation would be much use in learning the language, as my translating style in not word for word literal. Also, sentence structure has to be modified sometimes to fit properly in the text boxes, not to mention that Japanese sentence order is "reversed" compared to English.
‎ 
For example, a line said by Lance to Gereint that I just translated:
Quote:ã‚ ‎¤Ã£Æ’ ‎¤Ã£ ‎ ‎ Ã¯ ‎¼ ‎Ã¥Å¸Å½Ã£â€šâ€™Ã¥ ‎¤ ‎±Ã£ ‎â€žÃ£â‚¬ ‎Ã§Ë† ‎¶Ã£â€šâ€™Ã¥ ‎¤ ‎±Ã£ ‎â€žÃ£â‚¬ ‎Ã£ ‎â€œÃ£ ‎ ‎®Ã¤ ‎¸Å Ã£â‚¬ ‎Ã£ ‎Å Ã£ ‎ ‎¾Ã£ ‎Ë†Ã£ ‎ ‎¾Ã£ ‎ ‎§Ã¨ ‎¦â€¹Ã¦ ‎ ‎¨Ã£ ‎ ‎¦Ã£ ‎ ‎¦Ã©â‚¬Æ’ã ‎â€™Ã£ ‎ ‎¦Ã¨â€¡â€ Ã§â€”…者ã ‎ ‎¨Ã§ ‎¬â€˜Ã£â€š ‎Ã£â€šÅ’ã‚‹ã ‎ ‎Ã£â€šâ€°Ã£ ‎â€žÃ£ ‎ ‎ªÃ£â€šâ€°Ã¦ ‎­ ‎»Ã£â€šâ€œÃ£ ‎ ‎ Ã£ ‎ ‎»Ã£ ‎â€ Ã£ ‎Å’ã ‎ ‎¾Ã£ ‎â€”ã ‎ ‎ Ã¯ ‎¼ ‎

Is Literally:
Quote:Hate! Lost castle, lost father, on top, you to abandon and flee a coward and be laughed at much rather die is better!

I might translate as:
Quote:Never! To lose my home, my father and now abandon you... I would rather die than flee like a coward!

LoF was far from a literal translation too. Here's what Atlus used for this passage:
Quote:What do you mean? I lost my father, the castle and now you want me to leave you behind? I`d rather die here than be a coward...

But to answer your question, the release will probably be 3 patches. One that translates the game text, and the last two an either/or choice to add voice acting to the movies, or subtitles and keep the Japanese.

good to know ‎  beerchug
I really wish I can help, but I'm learning Kanji using Anki as we speak. ‎  for the life of me I keep confusing "Sword" for "Round" even though the strokes are different ‎  Sweatdrop

Ha ha. Visually recognizing Japanese is a massive undertaking. The first game I ever translated had all the text stored in images so I had to recognize it all visually. It also had lots of knights and earth magic...

"With a mighty swing of his sword, the Black Earth smote the Knight Magician...huh? Confused ‎ 

Knight Ã¥ ‎£ ‎«Ã£â‚¬â‚¬
Earth ‎  土