Old demo thread

working on a fix.

be up later.

thanks for being patient.

Cavern is off limits... SoM's runtime hates my cavern. ‎  Mad

Everything else is fine and fixed.

I'm really loving it so far. "Half Helm. Half a helm... Get a full one!" ‎  I practically fell over laughing Biggrin
I love the way you have the main character talk. It adds a whole new element to the story line.

Some 'bugs'- none of them need fixing right now since you're doing school, just for future reference:
I think one of the save stone's 'truth wand' event is set to trigger when 'use item anywhere' and is overriding the other messages. I get the same crash as Todd in the caverns when I go near a crystal. One thing I know of that can cause such a crash is if an enemy doesn't have its CP file and is set to 'trigger', the game crashes when its triggered. In the village, some of the signs are close enough to the doors that its hard to open the door when exiting; you read the sign instead of opening. Scooting them over a bit should fix it. I still get the 255 bottle bug with blue flasks. In the village, one of the doors is set too far back where the young boy who tells you about the arena is.

Chocobo! You should have one spit out a Materia if you talk to it enough times as an Easter Egg salute to Final Fantasy 7 hee hee

FYI, it's running beautifully so far on my PC with an Nvidia GTS-250

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Haha i didnt play 7 :) im not a FF fan.

This kinda feedback makes it worth making games. I'm very happy to hear feedback from yourself and Todd.

I've been working on the bugs today. Got alot flattened.

Can you tell me where the flask problems are?

And the save stones fixed! Added a mass amount of lore to the game today, you'l be using that wand often.

(2011-05-05, 05:15 PM)Verdite link Wrote: Haha i didnt play 7 :) im not a FF fan.
Impossible!! How could you not be a fan of cute little fuzzy chocobos??!

The 255 flasks happens in the area where the game begins.

NEW DEMO UP! Same link, new adventuring!

Check the first post to see the new features.

Who will be the first to find the deadly Balkorg?

Cool, I'll download it tonight. Do you know if it's compatible with an earlier save game?

Another note- the old man Talos doesn't change his speech after you've shown him the book.

Deku tree!

I didnt see the download link in the original post anymore...

www.swordofmoonlight.com/demos/Rathmor demo.zip
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Demo version 2 is up! Get exploring! :)

Wee! something to do over the weekend at my inlaws, thank you ben, you made my day.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder