Old demo thread

Wow, fantastic! ‎  Thanks, I'll get on it when I get home tonight. ‎  Cheers

Alright, I've been wandering around for quite a bit and I'm not sure what i gotta do next. I've found the rathmor seal and got the eldyte book. What is it exactly I gotta do next?

Also, are the claws, marble and ancient ores have a use or are ment for selling?
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. Ninja

The new Caverns map works liek a charm - fixed the crash problem right up. ‎  Much obliged! ‎  Got the other two keys (I don't think I would eat the spongecake if I knew where it came from ‎  Aroused) and started exploring more of the red Rathmor Seal area. ‎  You're right - the green key was defninitely worth every G. ‎  The new higher-level spawns were quite a nice surprise. ‎  ...and by that I mean I got killed by surprise a couple times. ‎  Ninja ‎ 

I'm enjoying this demo immensly!

Whew! ‎  I think I may have gotten to the 'end' of the demo! ‎  I've cleared out all the enemies in every area, including the red Rathmor's seal area. ‎  The only things I didn't wipe out were the enemies where you acquire the fish. ‎  Is that as far as I can go at this point? ‎ 

By the way, did the Balkor fish ever drop anything? ‎  I followed a hunch and killed it three times, but sadly no booty. ‎  This might be related, but was the chest just before the balkor pool supposed to be opened by the gold key? ‎  I tried using it and it said it was the wrong key. ‎  (I actually tried all the keys - including the fire lord's key, for good measure - and later tried using all other items to open it, but it will only tell me 'wrong key' ‎  for all of them.)

Thanks alot Mord! I cant tell you how much this means to me. Okay so yes that chest near the Balkorg fish is possibly the best in the game, and is opened with the gold key. I'm assuming you have it, it should definately work, ive just re checked it in the map editor. By the way... Dont forget to use the truth wand near the save stones, theres also two places near the balkorg fish that have interesting stories, especially (Backwards for spoiler prevention -> *tsehc eht raen*)

I think you are probably the first to aquire the "fun" or comedy item, congratulations! Strangely its one of my more detailed customs! Well done for surviving Hwtvlf's Wurms, they are nasty.

The red area's arena is considered the end of the demo. Well done Mord! ‎ Biggrin

All the claws etc except for the pommel, handle and sword blade are sellables. Did you make the legendary sword yet?

@ scott

Theres plenty of item finding to do, and dont forget to have someone examine that seal ‎  Wink you've still got quite a bit to do, getting the green chest key is priority! Hehe.

I got the key recently and when I entered the wurm pit (thats what I call it at least) I found a really "unique" weapon. IT'S THE MOST EPIC WEAPON IN ANY GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED!!! ‎  Biggrin I don't know how long I spent laughing when I found out it was a weapon. I haven't found the hilt to the sword yet but I'm not gonna give up looking for it.

I'm thinking of starting up a SoM game of myself soon when I get my new laptop, I may ask for that very unique weapon just cause its so dang funny! I can't wait until you finish Rathmor, I look forward to more of your humor. ‎  Biggrin
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. Ninja

Well, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that this means a lot to us, Verdite! ‎ 

I made the legendary sword (then found another of it in the red area), but couldn't make the other sword using the 'strange sword blade', even though I have another handle. ‎  But I almost never used the Halfreg, because shortly after I got it, I also acquired the 'fun' sword, fell over laughing, and used that exclusively since then. ‎  The only thing missing is some sort of Monty Python reference or somesuch... ‎  ‎  Dancev

Yeah, I tried using the gold key on the gold chest near the Balkorg, but it keeps telling me 'wrong key'. ‎  Oh, well. ‎ 

Haha, I didn't really survive the wurms in the pit by killing them; after I figured out how to knock off the first big one quickly and without damage, I moved forward slowly to get the next one, only to have the big guy respawn and get me from behind. ‎  After that, I just ran like a schoolgirl until I got to the chest. ‎  Rolleyes
Speaking of the pit, this may be another bug peculiar to my game, but I still get mostly stuck at the last step in the ruins - preventing me from getting to the magic seal. ‎  I ran up against the walls and mashed a few buttons and luckily managed to get up there after a while, but it seems kind of random. ‎  Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone else finding the same issue. ‎ 

@scott: I agree - if I ever get around to finally making my idea for a som game, I need to pester Verdite for that epic weapon as well!

Yeah, getting the unique weapon was difficult, but it was worth dying about 5-7 times, Ha ha haaaa.

well, the weapon aside i got a few bug/overlooks I'd like to say

1. The Skellthern aromor won't equip, every time i try to put it on I hear a "beep" and it goes back to the epuipment screen and says I got nothing on.
2. the gauntlets have no stats or description
3. Bregneid stole my 2 crystals and never gave me a flask (I think someone already mentioned this)
4. the gynar claws are consumeable and if they are for selling then they shouldn't be (I wonder if the gynar claws taste like crab claws? Biggrin )

Also, anyone else noticed how the mushrooms keep growing back? Very nice Verdite.
(Can you somehow read my mind? The NPC interaction you did was an idea of mine, regrowing plants like the mushrooms where also an idea of mine. Heh heh, I'm not sayin I'm mad, I just find it to be a bit funny Biggrin )

Strange that the skellthern wont equip... Hmm.

Not sure why thats happening. Anyway the claws cure paralysis if eaten. The dalvein has antiseptic qualities, and theres other items that aid too.

Haha scott i wonder why our games would be so similar. Maybe we've just similar taste in games.

Right i know whats going on with that chest. I think. So ill fix that.

Anyone found a sneeka horn in the wild? The balkorgs do drop items, sorry guys, they are ... Lets see the % ... 8. So thats pretty rare.

Bregneid does give something in return. But dont worry about that, its fixed now, haha...
Okay re download the map fix zip on the first page it'l fix the chest and the crystal theft.

Attached Files
.zip   Map fix.zip (Size: 1.5 MB / Downloads: 282)

Ooh, thanks for the chest fix. ‎  I'll try it out later.

As for the Skellthern armor, I had the same issue... Then I realized that it wasn't equipping because I was over my weight limit. ‎  Scott: check your weight limit on the right panel of the equipment screen. ‎  The Skellthern armor is about 8kg, so if you don't have that much left, you can't equip it (or anything else above that limit such as the Bronxian armor, for example). ‎  Hope that this is the same issue you have, and not something more serious... ‎ 

I have managed to find a few sneeka horns in the wild. ‎  No Balkorg drops yet, but I'll try swatting a few more to see... ‎  Groundal